Jupiter Apparently 'Eats' Other Planets!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Excerpt;

The paper suggests that Jupiter has the remains of other planets hidden inside it. While the theory that Jupiter was born out of other planets has been around for a while, a clearer picture was revealed after the planet’s infamous gases temporarily parted and Nasa’s Juno space probe was able to get some data about its core.

That data was able to give scientists a better idea of what Jupiter looks like under its massive gas clouds. Apparently the chemical make-up of the planet’s core indicates that Jupiter likely swallowed up lots of small planets (called planetesimals) and space rocks to boost its own growth.

Which makes you pretty glad that Earth is a solid 742 million kilometres from Jupiter, eh? If you’re interested in learning more about the scientists’ findings, you can read the full article here.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
I am still annoyed NASA gave up (for now) sending a probe to Europa. It could have been another chance to get a better look at Jupiter plus search for that possible underground ocean and maybe life on Jupiter's moon.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75 and Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I am still annoyed NASA gave up (for now) sending a probe to Europa. It could have been another chance to get a better look at Jupiter plus search for that possible underground ocean and maybe life on Jupiter's moon.

I'm more interested in Europa. With a molten core and basically an endless ocean, it may very well have life.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Also, get into Elite Dangerous, and you can visit our own solar system, and take a pretty close look at Jupiter, which is majestic. But watch out for that gravity well :cool:

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think today you can see here the Moon and five others planets without equipments.

Edit - It will be today at midnight.

Seems like the best time to look into the planetary alignment is 45 min before sunrise in your local time. The northern hemisphere will be the "best place" to watch.

_125591712_northern_hemisphere_640-2x-nc.png