Just Cause developers Xbox exclusive "Contraband" significantly delayed

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
If they show me gameplay trailer at the Xbox Showcase and if it includes car combat (please!!!), then im 100% fine with a delay. Give me that 70's vibe with heists and Mad Max level car combat!!!

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
who is Middleagegamegy? He's the source for the article. If it aint from xbox reporters or other reputable sources, its bunk.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

As I previously reported, the changes come in the wake of many changes at the studio, where insiders told me it used to be a great place to work.

But after Microsoft Xbox invested in their new title, Contraband, changes came to the team.

A new Director of Diversity was hired, and suddenly the studio was talking loudly about ESG and DEI and published it's first ESG report.

It was at this time that Sweet Baby Inc. was hired on board as consultants.

The feeling was that with the Microsoft investment, there were strings attached. Inexplicably, the character creator for Contraband changed from gender specific to allowing a random combination of male and female body parts.

Developers were confused by these changes mandated from above.After my report landed, the studio went into full panic mode, and internal messaging doubled down on DEI efforts.

But times are tough, as we have seen from their recent studio closures. It would be best for Avalanche to listen to gamers and create a product that will sell, rather than pander.