Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Sony blocking that game from Xbox:

shot blocking GIF

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Similar treatment as Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Launches as a PlayStation game. Launches on Steam a year later. No Xbox ports.

Sony wants Kena as a permanent exclusive. It means they are either acquiring Ember Labs or have already hired the studio to work on an exclusive PlayStation Studios IP.

ARCANE

21 Jun 2022
So looking forward to this update. Another chance to get lost in it for 30-40 hours again....lol I did a lot of exploring and just vibin to the music and the world on my first run.

Reactions: Hobbygaming
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Sony wants Kena as a permanent exclusive. It means they are either acquiring Ember Labs or have already hired the studio to work on an exclusive PlayStation Studios IP.

Seeing kena in their sony products video last year was prob a sign sony locked down perm exclusivity. They haven’t done that with any other 3rd party games

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seeing kena in their sony products video last year was prob a sign sony locked down perm exclusivity. They haven’t done that with any other 3rd party games
That leaves the door opened like happened with Death Stranding imo.
For exemple who is publishing Kena on Steam can choose to sign a deal to put it on Gamepass PC.

Sony needs to bring their launcher/store front to PC ASAP.

That way they can make a contrast to publish these games by themselves including PC and not allow others publishers to do what they want.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Bosses were stupid hard. They really need to rebalance that shit. Not felt like smashing the controller since the c64 as a little cunt

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Maybe.

Or probably only signed with them a permanent console exclusive for Kena and delay the PC version a year.

Yep. They also got supported by PlayStation Indies, appearing even in the SIE blog. There were also several tweets by random SIE/PS Studios people.

It's clear SIE and Ember Labs have a very good relantionship and they are very happy with each other.

Last edited:
  • party

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I never finished this. Is it worth it? I felt like it got a little stale to play honestly.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
I'd hold your horses on the idea Kena got Sony to lock down Ember Lab until we actually know how well it did financially. All we have is someone from the company saying basically "Uh hard to tell if it did well but Sony is happy."

They marketed the hell out of it so if it didn't sell great, not so sure Sony wants to turn around and fund another game or buy a studio like that.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'd hold your horses on the idea Kena got Sony to lock down Ember Lab until we actually know how well it did financially. All we have is someone from the company saying basically "Uh hard to tell if it did well but Sony is happy."

They marketed the hell out of it so if it didn't sell great, not so sure Sony wants to turn around and fund another game or buy a studio like that.

It did two things for sony, expanded their game diversity (a highly rated all ages game), it was a console showpiece, and it won a bunch of awards. thats the exact thing sony wants out of its 1st party line up.

Again, sony has never put a 3rd party games in its promotional videos, and they have never featured developer spotlights on them either.

You think sony would do this as of two months ago if they didn’t find the game to be successful?

They primarily only spotlight sony studios

• brain

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
It did two things for sony, expanded their game diversity (a highly rated all ages game), it was a console showpiece, and it won a bunch of awards. thats the exact thing sony wants out of its 1st party line up.

Again, sony has never put a 3rd party games in its promotional videos, and they have never featured developer spotlights on them either.

You think sony would do this as of two months ago if they didn’t find the game to be successful?

But successful enough to be purchased?

And "they usually only spotlight 1st party"...

I can find.. 2 total "studio spotlights" on the SIE blog lol

Status
Not open for further replies.