Konami announces brand new "Creators First" studio in Osaka

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
konami-banner01.jpg

PRESS RELEASE:
Konami celebrated its 50th establishment anniversary on March 19, 2023. "KONAMI Osaka Studio," the Group's major production center, opened in OSAKA UMEDA TWIN TOWERS SOUTH on March 27, 2023 to continue sustainable growth in the next 50 years.

"KONAMI Osaka Studio" is a developmental relocation of the existing studio and comes with the concept of "Creators First." It is characterized by a well-developed environment where creators can demonstrate their full potential, and is set up in a location with convenient transportation access. As the major production center in Western Japan, the facility is fully equipped with motion capture equipments and sound studios necessary for product development.

Scheduled for completion in 2025, Konami Group's next-generation R&D center, "Konami Creative Front Tokyo Bay," is in the process of construction at Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo.
Our efforts in strengthening "Health and Productivity Management," aiming to create a healthy and vibrant workplace for employees, have brought us to be certified as an "Outstanding Health and Productivity Management Organization (White 500)" by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and Nippon Kenko Kaigi for 7 consecutive years.
Furthermore, starting in March 2023, we have substantially raised our base-salary.
We have taken various steps to promote management emphasized on human capital, improve employee engagement, and enhance its competitiveness.
In order to achieve further sustainable growth in the significantly expanding "entertainment" field, Konami Group will strengthen its product development capabilities and continue to provide products and services for the next generation.

02.png

OP
OP
Darkknight2149

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Excellent news. There's hope for us MG fans.
Most likely this:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Not bad but looks like a decade too late. If it takes them 5 years to release a game after being set up it will come out in 2030.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I mean good luck to them. Without Kojima they’ve been a lifeless husk and I’m not really looking forward to Metal Gear without Kojima but hopefully it works out.

I’m hoping castlevania goes big budget for the next game.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It will likely be years before they get to where they were before in terms of AAA production capabilities, and they'll probably never have anything like Kojima Productions or Team Silent again, but this IS a step in the right direction.

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Darkknight2149

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
It will likely be years before they get to where they were before in terms of AAA production capabilities, and they'll probably never have anything like Kojima Productions or Team Silent again, but this IS a step in the right direction.
It seems there are already a few (unannounced) in-house Silent Hill games in development, with the Castlevania reboot also being in-house according to VGC.

Silent Hill: The Short Message is also being made in-house with the involvement of Team Silent's Masahiro Ito.

I hope Konami is serious about being "creators first." For the past while, they've been "What can make us quick money first."

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It seems there are already a few (unannounced) in-house Silent Hill games in development, with the Castlevania reboot also being in-house according to VGC.

Silent Hill: The Short Message is also being made in-house with the involvement of Team Silent's Masahiro Ito.

I hope Konami is serious about being "creators first." For the past while, they've been "What can make us quick money first."
They aren't in-house though. No Code is doing Townfall (and Annapurna is paying for and publishing it,) Neobards is doing F, Blooberteam is doing the remake and Genvid is doing some sort of audience participation game with it.

OP
OP
Darkknight2149

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
They aren't in-house though. No Code is doing Townfall (and Annapurna is paying for and publishing it,) Neobards is doing F, Blooberteam is doing the remake and Genvid is doing some sort of audience participation game with it.
No, those are the announced titles. There's a few that haven't been announced.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
No, those are the announced titles. There's a few that haven't been announced.

Even deleting the multimedia audience thing as the nothing that it is, you still have bordering on too much SH for any one moment in time, assuming the links you provided aren't for the stuff I mentioned, anyway.

OP
OP
Darkknight2149

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Even deleting the multimedia audience thing as the nothing that it is, you still have bordering on too much SH for any one moment in time, assuming the links you provided aren't for the stuff I mentioned, anyway.
Those are unannounced in-house projects that have nothing to do with the ones that have been announced. And the producer wants to make even more:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I mean good luck to them. Without Kojima they’ve been a lifeless husk and I’m not really looking forward to Metal Gear without Kojima but hopefully it works out.

I’m hoping castlevania goes big budget for the next game.
As a HUGE MG fan, I have to say this. There have been great games without Kojima's involvement. Among the hardcore fanbase, Ghost Babel is considered on of the best MG games and Kojima had nothing to do with it.

There's an entire team behind these games, including the person who localized MGS1 and made it make more sense to the English speaking fanbase, who ended up pissing Kojima off because he dared make changes so that lines make more sense in English.

An interesting story: https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/18/2...translation-japanese-english-jeremy-blaustein

I’ve tried to explain where my mind was when I started the project, my level of enthusiasm, my efforts, and, ultimately, the decisions that led to me pissing off Kojima and not translating another game in the series.

From what I heard at the time, Kojima began to hear that his work had been “tinkered” with. I’d argue there might have been a lack of appreciation for the needs of localization due to his not being bilingual, but he was not happy. As a result, all future Metal Gear games would be closely monitored for fidelity to the original Japanese script.

The name of one of the most iconic things in MG didn't even come from Kojima.

When I read that Snake’s earpiece was just called a 無線機 (“wireless”), I tried to come up with something better for American players. I researched the problem for a significant amount of time before coming across something called a “codec” that I thought sounded cool.

Reactions: Zzero