Konami producer says it would be ‘the dream’ for Kojima to return to Metal Gear

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
kojima-mgs-1024x576.jpg

Noriaki Okamura made the comments during a Japanese live stream on Friday, with the caveat that he wasn’t assuming Kojima and his former colleagues would necessarily feel the same way.

Kojima split from Konami in 2015, following a mysterious falling out following the conclusion of Metal Gear Solid 5. While Kojima still regularly talks about Metal Gear, he no longer has any control over the property.

However, it would appear that tensions between the pair may have cooled in the years since.

“But just speaking for myself, personally, I’d like nothing better than to work with Mr. Kojima and the rest of the team again. If that could happen, it would be the dream.

“But people have moved on to new things and new commitments, so that’s just our current reality. We can’t just take for granted that everyone would work with us again, or let ourselves be completely dependent on them.”

Source

• Heart
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’d love to see it but I don’t see him having the time considering Sony signed him to make an MGS-like action game after DS2.

Unless that game is Metal Gear and we’re just waiting for Sony to announce the partnership with Konami (or a buyout). Hey one can dream… it’s not like Kojima trolling isn’t what he does.

Sigh…

I miss metal gear

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
We need some time to miss it. Delta is the first legitimate release post-Kojima so depending on how that goes we may not need him back so soon. Remember MGS slid into more obtuse areas as the series went on, some worked and some didn’t. The base building in MGSV was particularly not a hit to me, and that’s on top of a weak story. I just had the impression that Kojima wanted to work on other things. He’s been slowly killing Snake over time.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
We need some time to miss it. Delta is the first legitimate release post-Kojima so depending on how that goes we may not need him back so soon. Remember MGS slid into more obtuse areas as the series went on, some worked and some didn’t. The base building in MGSV was particularly not a hit to me, and that’s on top of a weak story. I just had the impression that Kojima wanted to work on other things. He’s been slowly killing Snake over time.
He didn't finish the game. MGSV was clearly unfinished anf felt like an early access. I do not understand the 10/10s it got from the media.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It can happen. Kojima didn't get into a "fight" with every developer there. The upper management at the time didn't want to keep paying for his "escapades". Seriously, they guy had Rika Muranaka produce 10 different songs for MGSV, had Konami pay for them and then proceeded to not use a single one for the game...

With a new management and maybe a tighter leash, it's possible. And I'd sure like to see it.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me