OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
MGS4 will obviously be included. What's more in question are if there'll be any bonus games like volume 1 had. Portable Ops or the Acid titles getting brought back would be rad
I completely missed those and Peace Walker and I'm a massive MGS fan, I did however have Ghost Babel.

So there's a lot of value to this next collection for me.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
With the way Konami handled the collection (minus the performance issues that have been patched) and the MGS3 remake, it's good seeing them back in business.

Reactions: Bryank75

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I would love to see mgs4 come to ps5. I know its a long shot but would love to see twin snakes make it too

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I would love to see mgs4 come to ps5. I know its a long shot but would love to see twin snakes make it too
I'm not sure how their deal with Nintendo works out and how hard it would be to remove Nintendo references from the game, but the reason for not including it in the PS3 HD release is they wanted all the canon games on there only.

Master collection included non-canon games so there';s a chance we're getting all games at some point. including this one.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Mgs 4 was a huge disappointment for me
The first 2 chapter's were good after that the game turned into shit with very long boring Cutscene

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
About damn time. But that game must be a licensing nightmare.
Yep hell even stuff like the iPod feature.

Biggest issue will be converting Cell architecture to modern day so you basically building the game ground up with all its features.
For me it's one of those titles that gives the PS3 a mystic legacy but its also wrong to keep it stuck there. If I was Sony would'v gotten it for Bluepoint to work on it since they have the experience in the transition, series and doing remakes (put a Walkman instead of iPod haha).
No chance tho with the current folks running, curious who is going to do it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Mgs 4 was a huge disappointment for me
The first 2 chapter's were good after that the game turned into shit with very long boring Cutscene

I get what you mean. Its like you get 3 stages that are like MGS and the rest isnt MGS. Stage 1, 2 and the level you go back to Shadow Moses from what I remember?

I still enjoyed it cause it was kinda epic at the time but it was missing alot from the other MGS’s. Probably my least favourite MGS. MGS5 kinda paid me back with the gameplay element at least
Still have fond memories of it and loved. But it was nowhere close to MGS1,3,2 etc