Kotick, Lulu and other ABK executives to leave the company by end of December (or soon after)

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm not gonna lie when I say Matt Booty taking over Activision might be the thing that kills the company. We all saw how he handles/mishandles Xbox. Bobby Kotick was a at the helm for all of activision's corporate growth and knows COD in and out.

If Sony doesn't make a COD clone and start pushing it on the Playstation store then they're daft. COD/MS can only grow because Playstation allows it.

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I'm not gonna lie when I say Matt Booty taking over Activision might be the thing that kills the company. We all saw how he handles/mishandles Xbox. Bobby Kotick was a at the helm for all of activision's corporate growth and knows COD in and out.

If Sony doesn't make a COD clone and start pushing it on the Playstation store then they're daft. COD/MS can only grow because Playstation allows it.
Kotick retiring...
Friday The 13Th Horror GIF by filmeditor

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Matt Booty is now in charge of XGS, Bethesda, and ABK. What an absolute disaster this is going to be.
This seems like an unsurmountable job. How do you go from managing the barebones XGS to that + two of the largest publishers in the world? People love to shit on Kotick, but I don't give a fuck about who he is personally, he stood on business and built one of the most successful publishers in gaming.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This seems like an unsurmountable job. How do you go from managing the barebones XGS to that + two of the largest publishers in the world?
It's simple: you don't. These people have fuck all idea how to run these entities, so they just wing it. Once you reach that far up the ladder, you get rewarded when you're good and when you're terrible, so it doesn't matter.

Reactions: nongkris

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
No that was Florian Muller aka SoloKingRobert and he got $0 for all of his shilling, campaigning and outright FUD.

Couldn't of happened to a more deserving sack of crap.
Are you sure he got $0? He was still campaigning for Microsoft in the Android vs Epic lawsuit. He's getting something out of it for sure.

Reactions: Dabaus

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This seems like an unsurmountable job. How do you go from managing the barebones XGS to that + two of the largest publishers in the world? People love to shit on Kotick, but I don't give a fuck about who he is personally, he stood on business and built one of the most successful publishers in gaming.
Microsoft is just a lens to show how corporate america/the elite work. Once you have enough money you can buy anything and any court with no pushback and put yourself in charge of it. It's called failing upwards.

People/bots cheer on Xbox on forums but it's sadder when you realize that the corporate takeover of America is why we're all living in a dystopia.