Lead Game Tech Programmer at Guerrilla Games Jorrit Rouwe just released Jolt Physics v3.0.0, a possible physics upgrade for Horizon Forbidden West

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
That double precision simulation is extremely impressive.. along with the ~4x performance increase through improved multithreading!

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't think that the date that the source code is made publicly disponible has much to do with when it was created at Guerrilla Games
You can see his commits there so he is developing it publicly. I don't even know if Death Stranding 2 is going to use it was just a guess.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
You can see his commits there so he is developing it publicly. I don't even know if Death Stranding 2 is going to use it was just a guess.
I don't know much of how this things works, but the release of the first version of the code, the one apparently used in HFW, is dated end of January 22, just a couple of week before the game

D

Deleted member 223

Appropriate Dexter alter ago. The only sad thing about any news regarding Guerrila is that their new flagship is probably going to be a cross-gen PS6 title and we'll have to wait for 2-3 yrs to see it. Burning Shores is a beauty and that is just scratching the surface of what the PS5 (and Series X) can truly do.