Legend Of Zelda Movie In Development From Illumination

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nintendo should just buy Illumination at this point, give some actual competition to Sony in the game to movie realm.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Nintendo should just buy Illumination at this point, give some actual competition to Sony in the game to movie realm.
So far all Sony had was that bad Uncharted movie. Sony Pictures Animation is the one that has been killing it with the Spider-verse movies.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So far all Sony had was that bad Uncharted movie. Sony Pictures Animation is the one that has been killing it with the Spider-verse movies.
And even that grossed half a billion in sales so thy killing it.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
While bad, Uncharted did well financially. I'm also lumping in TLOU to their film efforts to give them grace.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Buying them makes no sense for Nintendo. They also work on other projects. It’s cheaper to just hire them for a project.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I would prefer if illumination handled all their movies and made them animated, specifically pokemon instead of getting the detective pikachu franchise. I'm interested to see how a Zelda movie will do outside of gaming audiences, do casual people even know who that is?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I thought they already did. I think Sony already have enough with their live action movies, Sony Pictures Animation for CG movies and then the anime studios and the Crunchyroll people for the anime.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m hoping they go the CG route with all these Nintendo properties. Glad to hear this is the direction with Zelda over live action.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I thought they already did. I think Sony already have enough with their live action movies, Sony Pictures Animation for CG movies and then the anime studios and the Crunchyroll people for the anime.
Nintendo started their own animation group in Japan, except I think its more about contracting others than animating their own stuff.

Illumination is co-owned by Universal and John Meledandri. Good luck convincing a film studio to sell off one of its most financially successful parts.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nope, just the owner of Illumination is on the board of Nintendo, which gives them all the more reason they should buy the company. Also Minions would fit right into the Nintendo ecosystem as they are huge products for kids, especially in Japan.