LEGO Horizon Zero Dawn Devs on Xbox Version: "Nothing to announce about Xbox right now."

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
lego-horizon-adventures-image-1.png

Despite being released on several platforms, Xbox was not included. Speaking recently with journalist Stephen Totilo, Guerrilla's narrative director James Windeler commented on the matter.
Windeler did not give a direct answer when asked, but said that they are focused on getting the most out of the PS5 and at the moment have nothing to announce regarding the Xbox.

At the moment, we're very focused on pushing this hardware [PS5] to its limits and making this game look as absolutely incredible as possible on this hardware. And you know, we don't really have anything to announce about Xbox at the moment.
Commenting on the decision to release the game on Switch, Windeler says that it was Sony's wish to bring the game to Nintendo's hardware, making the title reach a "much wider audience, including a younger audience and the whole family".

Source

Last edited:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
It's pretty damn atupidnthat Totillo asked a bunch of business focused questions in an interview with a narrative director.

Like why ask him a bunch of questions about exclusivity and platforms that he has no decision over.

He's a narrative director and his job is to focus on the narrative.

Gaming journalism is garbage. Desperate to find any quote they can spin to push some bullshit story

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
"At the moment, we're very focused on pushing this hardware [PS5] to its limits and making this game look as absolutely incredible as possible on this hardware"

It's a damn Lego game...it can only look so good. And they completely contradict this by releasing it on Switch. Current gen Sony answers questions like everyone is an idiot that can't see through their lies. And instead of journalists pressing them on such stupid statements, they just say ok and move on.

24 Jun 2022
"At the moment, we're very focused on pushing this hardware [PS5] to its limits and making this game look as absolutely incredible as possible on this hardware"

It's a damn Lego game...it can only look so good. And they completely contradict this by releasing it on Switch. Current gen Sony answers questions like everyone is an idiot that can't see through their lies. And instead of journalists pressing them on such stupid statements, they just say ok and move on.

Also the wording of "at the moment" plus specifically mentioning Xbox by name suggests an Xbox version is 100% going to happen, just maybe 3-6 months after launch. The fact the reason for no PS4 version is the same as the Xbox one, when the PS4 has a large base of kids and families still on it (meaning the reason should be similar to Switch's i.e there should be a PS4 version) is just added hilarity.

In terms of their multiplat strategy, PlayStation and Xbox are virtually indistinguishable IMHO. The only difference is one doing Day 1 on PC vs. the other staggering out by 1-2 years (but in some cases only by six months, or Day 1 for GAAS titles). I just cut through the PR nonsense now.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Also the wording of "at the moment" plus specifically mentioning Xbox by name suggests an Xbox version is 100% going to happen, just maybe 3-6 months after launch. The fact the reason for no PS4 version is the same as the Xbox one, when the PS4 has a large base of kids and families still on it (meaning the reason should be similar to Switch's i.e there should be a PS4 version) is just added hilarity.

In terms of their multiplat strategy, PlayStation and Xbox are virtually indistinguishable IMHO. The only difference is one doing Day 1 on PC vs. the other staggering out by 1-2 years (but in some cases only by six months, or Day 1 for GAAS titles). I just cut through the PR nonsense now.
i don't think it's going to Xbox, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think he just said no Xbox right now because it's an awkward question. The rest I agree with though.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

This is the problem w porting games to other direct competitor platform or going day n date. To make sense you have to sacrifice your own platform to fully reach the potential extra players that might buy your game or sell similarly to other exclusive games that are truly exclusive to that platform.

Funny how PS said they want to push PS5 hardware yet release it on PC which then is also playable on Steamdeck aswell as Nintendo Switch which is weaker then PS4. A PS game not releasing on the platform it was born but releasing on a weaker device & that being from a direct competitor that has permanent exclusive is a slap on the face of PS, PS players & PS4 players aswell as Horizon fan who supported & bought the game both Horizon 1 & Horizon 2 on PS4

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
They're not releasing on Xbox because they know the abysmal sales figures of games on Xbox. They know that on the list of PlayStation IP that would actually do well on Xbox, a Lego Horizon game is at the very end of that list.

They (Sony) wouldn't want a Game Pass deal because it would be horrible PR to charge PlayStation players $70 for a PlayStation IP and charge Xbox players $0 to play that same game. That's why when MLB The Show went multi-platform, the messaging from Sony boiled down to "It wasn't us." That way, any anger about the game being on Game Pass would be directed to the MLB organization. To this day, I still think there was some spicy fuckery behind that multi-platform decision, but I digress.

The game could turn out to be a hot mess, but it's still a bad look when Switch gets a PlayStation game and Xbox doesn't.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Poor take. Xbox is so dead 3rd parties are starting to pull out. The wording indicates nothing to that effect.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LMAO, now people here think this is coming to xbox. Fucking hell you really get into this FUD, huh?

Some of you really throw logic and reason out the window as soon as a FUD article comes along. The man isn't a Sony employee. He's not even a bean counter. He's not allowed to say anything definitive. That's how these things work. He's legally bound to not say anything.

Now use your heads a bit. Why would Sony release this game, of all, on Xbox? A shooter console. A console that similar games are already skipping.

At what point do some of you stop, look back at all your fearmongering and accept you've been wrong? Surely, you can't keep doing this.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
LMAO, now people here think this is coming to xbox. Fucking hell you really get into this FUD, huh?

Some of you really throw logic and reason out the window as soon as a FUD article comes along. The man isn't a Sony employee. He's not even a bean counter. He's not allowed to say anything definitive. That's how these things work. He's legally bound to not say anything.

Now use your heads a bit. Why would Sony release this game, of all, on Xbox? A shooter console. A console that similar games are already skipping.

At what point do some of you stop, look back at all your fearmongering and accept you've been wrong? Surely, you can't keep doing this.
Calm down, 1 person said it, and they're entitled to their opinion. No need to get angry over a simple educated guess. I don't think it'll go to Xbox, but I wouldn't put it past Sony.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Right now? :ROFLMAO:

It's extremely insulting that it isn't on the PS4 already but to release it on the Xbox instead would be something else.

Calm down, 1 person said it, and they're entitled to their opinion. No need to get angry over a simple educated guess. I don't think it'll go to Xbox, but I wouldn't put it past Sony.
Then it gets announced for Xbox and the same type of posters will then say it's smart of them and that he expected all along. :whistle:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Still stupid to release it on Nintendo Switch. They are still a rival, which was a big PR fail. Also the missing PS4 version is a mystery. This Lego project was worked in for more than a couple of years. I wonder what kind of Jimbo legacy bombs we will see in the next time yet. Jim Ryan was full steam into driving PlayStation towards their end. Imagine if this absolute clown were still allowed to continue as CEO. PlayStation would have been finished. I swear the most miserable PlayStation CEO ever. So glad Sony woke up.

Last edited: