Lies of P and Stellar Blade developer details PlayStation 5 Pro enhancements

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
"At Round8, we always strive to deliver a polished and engaging experience with Lies of P, and we're grateful for the positive reception of the game's optimisation on all platforms," Choi told us.

"With the introduction of the PS5 Pro, we're excited to take that experience a step further, offering enhanced performance that we hope players will appreciate."

"For instance, Quality Mode benefits from more than a 30 percent increase in FPS, delivering smoother, more fluid gameplay. Additionally, Performance Mode now supports full native 4K resolution, allowing players to enjoy stunning visuals without sacrificing responsiveness," the developer said.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Performance Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • 60fps
Quality Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • +50fps
  • Enhanced visuals

They don't use the PSSR.
But they can push the game into native 4K, it's interesting.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is all great an all. Fantastic game by the way, but all these upgrades are so pointless in my eyes lol. The Pro should have launched alongside a big AAA game or first Party game..

People really buying this console to go replay old games 🤔

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Dead Island 2
vyEIVnp.png

Stellar Blade
stellar-blade-update-10-22-24-v0-ai8zoqjtwbwd1.jpeg

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's easily one of the best Soulslikes to pop up over the years.
I ate crow when this game dropped, I had wrote it off as a Bloodborne wannabe... It came out and I was shocked to see so many speak highly of it. Bought it on sale and now It's also one of my favorite souls like games. they we're smart enough to blend sekiro and bloodbornes gameplay systems before FROM did lol. Whatever they are cooking next is a easy day 1.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Performance Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • 60fps
Quality Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • +50fps
  • Enhanced visuals

They don't use the PSSR.
do you have any idea why they would not use Pssr?

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I ate crow when this game dropped, I had wrote it off as a Bloodborne wannabe... It came out and I was shocked to see so many speak highly of it. Bought it on sale and now It's also one of my favorite souls like games. they we're smart enough to blend sekiro and bloodbornes gameplay systems before FROM did lol. Whatever they are cooking next is a easy day 1.
Lmao, honestly same. I didn't go so far as bashing it, but I was super skeptical of it until the reviews dropped.

• Shake
Reactions: voke

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yep, I personally remember telling you the game was going amazing, and you were like, " Na, it's gonna be so shit, game pass filler trash."

Hang your head in shame.

I might be lying about all of the above, but I need to get my kicks in somewhere. ;)

• haha
Reactions: voke

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Agree with the general sentiment here, not only one of the best soulslike, but it runs like a dream as well and is the type of game that will scale to infinity on future hardware(PC/PS6) for late customers.
This is a studio that used UE4 really well.

i thought you could push more options with Pssr, effects etc etc.

Probably lose a lot image quality in motion though, that's the big negative to reconstruction techniques when it comes to image quality. That's the one thing comparison images can't really show that aspect of it very well.

If I had to guess, it's because they don't really use that many state of the art features in terms of rendering, like the whole RT gamut, etc... So that extra GPU headroom probably doesn't feel that impactful to them. Although I would've probably made a mode that uses it, just so they have experience with it for future projects.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw
11 Jul 2024
Performance Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • 60fps
Quality Mode :
  • Native 4K
  • +50fps
  • Enhanced visuals

They don't use the PSSR.
This sounds silly.. Why not use PSSR for Performance mode, drop native res to 1440p+ and add all the 'Enhanced visuals' from Quality mode? This would literally result in Quality mode, all bells and whistles at 4k IQ stable 60.

akira__

29 Sep 2024
Well Done Reaction GIF

Ah another DF narrative dies:

"The industry can't support another console"

And as cruel meta joke the makers of "lies of Phi.." have created a version with true 4k, delivering what was promised 7 years ago.

Let's rewind and take a look at the true 4k era.