Lies of P Review Thread. GameInfomer: Lies of P Review (9.5) VG247 a (40) but overall mighty 83 on open critic! Souls fans, looks like we eating good.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1694620339692.png

Lies of P PS5 reviews​

NEOWIZ
Sep 19, 2023 - PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Strong

OpenCritic Rating

Top Critic Average

85%
Critics Recommend
PC Gamer
74 / 100
TheSixthAxis
9 / 10
IGN Spain
8 / 10
IGN Italy
8.4 / 10
Attack of the Fanboy
4.5 / 5
God is a Geek
10 / 10
GamingTrend
95 / 100
Push Square
8 / 10

Metacritic 81 meta

View All Platforms
Released On: SEP 19, 2023
METASCOREGenerally favorableBased on 19 Critic Reviews

TheSixthAxis
SEP 12, 2023
Smooth combat, seamless exploration and a set of well-executed mechanics makes Lies of P an excellent Soulslike. When you add in the gorgeous visuals, desolate world design, stark sound design and engrossing story, it raises the experience above a lot of its contemporaries. All in all, although Lies of P is essentially Bloodborne featuring Timothée Chalamet, it does more than enough to mark itself out as a unique title worth your time – and I’m not lying.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
GGRecon
SEP 12, 2023
For a game based on a story that's been told what feels like an endless number of times, Lies of P feels one of a kind.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
Malditos Nerds
SEP 12, 2023
Lies of P joins the list of this year's great releases and is a must for all soulslike fans. While it takes many of the elements already known in Dark Souls and Bloodborne, it manages to have its own identity with a great character design, a unique setting and a narrative

Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
GamePro Germany
SEP 12, 2023
A great linear Soulslike with a mysterious steampunk world, tactical battles and small flaws.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
Hey Poor Player
SEP 12, 2023
Lies of P plays it a little too by the book in terms of gameplay and area design but is ultimately a very solid soulslike, not entirely bereft of uniqueness, granted you know where to look. While I would have liked certain mechanics, primarily those surrounding lying, to have been leaned into a little more, I can’t deny that Neowiz Games did an excellent job overall.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
The Loadout
SEP 12, 2023
Lies of P borrows heavily from a tried-and-tested formula indicative of the soulslike genre, but it still has combat mechanics and secrets that set it apart from the rest of the pack. Despite difficulty spikes and some muddied story beats, it is an excellent soulslike worth checking out that isn’t completely reliant on ideas from other places.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
Push Square
SEP 12, 2023
Lies of P feels like the result of a developer having already taken multiple stabs at the Souls-like genre, so it's impressive that Round8 Studio has accomplished so much on its first attempt. By fully embracing its dark take on the Pinocchio story, it sets itself apart from anything else available. Elevating it above other games are quality combat and extensive, satisfying customisation, turning Lies of P into a first-class experience for FromSoftware fanatics.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
GLHF on Sports Illustrated
SEP 12, 2023
Despite its similarities to so many other soulslike games, it does enough to be different. For hardcore soulslike players, there is the promise of a new story, and alternate endings among the difficult boss fights. For newcomers, Lies of P does a good job of easing you into the action. It hasn’t made me more interested in soulslike as a genre, despite me obsessing over it for the last few weeks, which I guess goes to show just how different it is. Despite how dark and rainy it may seem, there is a genuine goofiness to it that is rare to find, and the promise of a unique story for each playthrough will see it stand out.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION

Cultured Vultures
SEP 12, 2023
Though this Souls-like wears its heart on its sleeve in its love for the genre, Lies of P misses the mark on what makes these kinds of games tick. All the same, hardcore denizens seeking a challenge may find something to appreciate here.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
VG247
SEP 12, 2023
There’s some enjoyment to be found in Lies of P. Its action is competent, but lacks the polish and stir of its contemporaries. Its atmosphere can be engrossing, but it’s a hodgepodge of themes and aesthetics you’ve seen before that never rises above the familiar. I was never impressed by it, and I never stopped questioning the point of the entire endeavour throughout my time with it.
Read More

81 meta

USER SCOREAvailable after Sep 19, 2023

What is Lies of P?​

A dark fantasy action game inspired by the classic story of Pinocchio.
This macabre Soulslike draws its inspiration from an unlikely source: The Adventures of Pinocchio.
In this grim reimagining of Carlo Collodi's treasured tale, Pinocchio is trying to find the mysterious Mr. Geppetto. His journey takes him to Krat, a Belle Époque-inspired city whose humanity has been lost to madness and killer puppets.
Pinocchio must battle for survival using a range of weapons and swappable Legion Arms with special abilities. He will also encounter non-hostile characters, but you will have to help him lie to fulfill his dream of becoming human.

Attachments

• 1694619813321.png
    1694619813321.png
    485.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Some negatives from vg review

Much of the game’s level design lacks inspiration. The general theme seems to be: Belle epoque period piece, except it’s puppets instead of people. You visit a puppet factory, a circus of a sort, a police station. All looking very appropriate for the time, but you’re not fighting humans or monsters, only puppet imitations of them – literally and figuratively

There’s some enjoyment to be found in Lies of P. Its action is competent, but lacks the polish and stir of its contemporaries. Its atmosphere can be engrossing, but it’s a hodgepodge of themes and aesthetics you’ve seen before that never rises above the familiar. I was never impressed by it, and I never stopped questioning the point of the entire endeavour throughout my time with it.

Seems thy didn't like the world being a copy and paste of Yharnam with no originality and they had issues with the combat copying Bloodborne but still having a block and dodging that makes combat too easy and not like Bloodborne.

• Informative
Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Game reviewers know jack shit. Just play the game and come up to your own conclusions. Or at least watch a let's play for awhile.

This same game with Nintendo characters: 96 MC.
Oh I'm buying it so you preaching to the choir lol it has enough positives for me to invest. Again I'm one that loved Days Gone and thought it was in my top three GOTG.

Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Damn, a 40? That doesn't seem right
Yeah, most reviews are good to great. The vg review is saying the opposite of what everyone else is. Some glaringly positive reviews from well known sites too.

I'm buying day one, I'll let everyone know how it is.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yeah, most reviews are good to great. The vg review is saying the opposite of what everyone else is. Some glaringly positive reviews from well known sites too.

I'm buying day one, I'll let everyone know how it is.
I'm not... Games that goes to gamepass day one go on sale pretty fast. Gamepass devalues games hard.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm not... Games that goes to gamepass day one go on sale pretty fast. Gamepass devalues games hard.
Yeah it does but certain games I get day one and some I don't. I love the Souls formula and this seems to do it well so I'm on it.

D

Deleted member 223

Looks to be a decent ride. In.

If it disappoints massively I'll drop some of my thoughts on that. Day 1, that is, whenever Fedex or UPS get me my copy home - (Usually Day 3).

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Having played the demo, using a full scale, I'd give it a 70 myself. Competent but unoriginal, nothing positive stands out while the lack of weight and impact to the combat definitely brings it down a notch.
do you experience any bugs or crashes?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Having played the demo, using a full scale, I'd give it a 70 myself. Competent but unoriginal, nothing positive stands out while the lack of weight and impact to the combat definitely brings it down a notch.
factos 👍 👀
Looks like a soulless bloodborne clone