Lightfall has become the “most popular” destiny expansion

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Paul Tassi has made an obvious observation by way of steam… that the 30-day avg for Destiny’s most recent expansion Lightfall has performed better than launch window of any previous expansion with a concurrent avg of 135k players a day for the month of March. Destiny has not had a daily concurrent avg over 100k since November 2019 on steam. Since then it has also launched on Epic’s and Window’s pc game stores.

Shadowkee’s release and performance is somewhat disregarded as that was also the game’s steam and f2p launch of the first two years of content now deleted from the game. Also, not so surprising as the game surpassed its previous all time concurrent number with Lightfall.

I would like to note that the month to the month average of the game is dependent on when a piece of content drops. It just so happened that Lightfall launched during the first week of the month. Meaning third and final month of the season will tank and look much worse comparatively.

However, daily numbers are still impressive … according to API data provided by destinytracker 1.3 million logged into pve activities and 930k logged into PvP yesterday alone.

I believe the seasonal and expansion content has fully rolled out so playerbase should be winding down where breaking 100k concurrent won’t be a daily thing anymore.

If the follow-up season launches strong then yea Bungie might be looking at their strongest year with the game yet.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
season 5 episode 3 GIF

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You still playing Destiny?

Mostly RE4 Remake the last week but I finished the story for Lightfall, played a little IB and try to get around to the weeklies.

I don't play like I used to years ago, the grind is too time consuming for me with everything I have going on but if I did have more time, I'd definitely play daily.

You playing?

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Didnt this have a mixed reception at launch? How'd they turn it around so quick?

Yes but that was basically a story review.... while it didn't include the raid, seasons, dungeon or many other things...

People also just love Destiny and the way it plays, the gameplay is addictive. The one thing I don't understand is why they didn't lean into the PVP more...it has such potential beyond what it is.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Narrative complaints are whatever. They tell better character relationships in the seasons. Witch queen is a bit more coherent than any other expansion tho. It’s whatever … it’s easy to move passed it. Expansions always kinda just feel like random stories that kinda just happen. Only really Shadowkeep and Lightfall are most closely tied to vanilla’s D1 s story. Well they all are but you’d never know really. It didn’t really move much and yea yea they’re doing it over the year but the cliffhanger and marvel plot kinda didn’t work so well.

I’m over the bitterness I had over how they reworked buildcrafting. I thought I was nerf’d hardcore… ummm I take that all back now. More powerful than I’ve ever been in both pve and PvP.

Mostly done with the season. Burnt out earlier than usual. Looking forward to next season. I hear they’re bringing back Titan patrol zone for both season content and dungeon.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 223

Mostly RE4 Remake the last week but I finished the story for Lightfall, played a little IB and try to get around to the weeklies.

I don't play like I used to years ago, the grind is too time consuming for me with everything I have going on but if I did have more time, I'd definitely play daily.

You playing?
Can't bring myself to. Was wondering how good Lightfall is. I always keep tabs on news about it - I did spend an unhealthy amount of my time on both D1/D2. Just got other games to burn and the list is in double digits currently so I keep falling back and back.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Can't bring myself to. Was wondering how good Lightfall is. I always keep tabs on news about it - I did spend an unhealthy amount of my time on both D1/D2. Just got other games to burn and the list is in double digits currently so I keep falling back and back.

Same, I've lost count of the games in my backlog and then PS+ is always adding up too.

I just got Saints Row 3 for 10 euro too... don't even know when or if I will get to it.