Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FyW9LpoaYAUEsU9

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth Coming early 2024​

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It was a two minute trailer of a naked man on a beach.

I'd rather watch the GT movie trailer again.

What Sony should do though is just buy Sega and kill all the momentum MS is trying to build with all the marketing deals and illegal Azure bundling.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
No SEGA IP is worth a buyout imo - not for the money SEGA will be asking. Yes Fuck Persona and Sonic. It's what it's. SEGA's relevance in the market is miniscule, which is why they're bargain hunting in MS pocket.

I'm thoroughly glad I don't have to see this IP grace Sony shows for quite a while. The audience is on PS so it's a double tap.... plenty of more, better titles deserving that money and law of averages says that will indeed happen naturally the less exposure the IP gets on PS. Obviously fans of those IP's will say Fuck You KnittedKnight... Fuck You back as well.

Folks think these third party pubs have the power still like in the X360/PS3 generation...... that shit has passed and is long gone. EA bent the knee when they went full "Strategic Partnership" and their favored horse lost the race in the first 100 yards.... I got Plant vs. Zombies: GW to show for it - how kind of EA! Truly!

When the market is so lopsided in Sony's favor, and projected to continue as such (not a good thing but the market has decided based on Xbox's dogshit performance)... any pub that think it's untouchable has a fool as a CEO. Just so happens we don't have killers as SIE CEO's anymore. There is a lot more harm Sony can do than just straight up killing Final Fantasy on Xbox.

Not showing COD on a PS showcase is a nice start. Just to send the message. Baby step touch, which despite my criticism of Jim, I noticed and enjoyed.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
No SEGA IP is worth a buyout imo - not for the money SEGA will be asking. Yes Fuck Persona and Sonic.

It's what it's. I'm thoroughly glad I don't have to see this IP grace Sony shows for quite a while. The audience is on PS so it's a double tap.... plenty of more titles deserving that money.
Which makes MS dumb. Persona and like a dragon fans aren’t switching to Xbox because if these marketing deals. 😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What Sony should do though is just buy Sega and kill all the momentum MS is trying to build with all the marketing deals and illegal Azure bundling.

What I said ages ago.
MS will eventually do this with every publisher. Persona and Yakuza were exclusive PS titles for almost 3 decadces. PS needs to be more aggressive

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No SEGA IP is worth a buyout imo - not for the money SEGA will be asking. Yes Fuck Persona and Sonic. It's what it's. SEGA's relevance in the market is miniscule, which is why they're bargain hunting in MS pocket.

I'm thoroughly glad I don't have to see this IP grace Sony shows for quite a while. The audience is on PS so it's a double tap.... plenty of more, better titles deserving that money and law of averages says that will indeed happen naturally.
I think its worth it. Great Ip’s plus lots Decent Ips and hardcore fans like myself. With lots of potential for old ips to come back like they did with Streets of Rage. Fills some gaps too. JRPG’s. Smaller titles. Total War and Football Manager is good for the “PC” vision. PSO for Gaas. Virtua Fighter for Evo.

The movies could sell well for Sony pictures too.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I wouldn't buy none of that for more than 4B and SEGA will ask for more. Sonic being the only reason... more so cause it makes money movie wise. Just considering the opportunity cost of it all.....not worth it in the least. Rather add several billions more and make a bid for Capcom - actually relevant.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
this game will tank so hard. imagine, 2024, FF7RR, Rise of the Ronin etc.. games coming early mid 2024.

and here we have Yakuza siding with xbox. this game will be DOA on xbox and will tank on PS too.
but yeah, after 20 years, dudes will blame it on Playstation how it was with Sega's console, completely neglecting that Sega is just Sega, they act moronic time and time again.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think its worth it. Great Ip’s plus lots Decent Ips and hardcore fans like myself. With lots of potential for old ips to come back like they did with Streets of Rage. Fills some gaps too. JRPG’s. Smaller titles. Total War and Football Manager is good for the “PC” vision. PSO for Gaas. Virtua Fighter for Evo.

The movies could sell well for Sony pictures too.
Sega clearly isn't seeking a buyer, they wouldn't have engaged in their, to be frank, terrible deal with Rovio if they were. Outside of a very select handful of games I question whether Sega's IP would be useful to Sony. Persona? Sure. Sonic and Yakuza? Perhaps. Anything else? Not really. An IP is only useful if you have a team to produce it and Sony doesn't have many free groups right now. The PC stuff might also make money/fit with their GaaS plans but FM and TW are built for PC, I can't imagine playing either on console. Same with Angry Birds- which Rovio has allowed to stagnate, to boot.

Square on the other hand...

And if Sony really have money to through around on IP, rather than dev teams, they should consider a purchase of Crash (and Spyro if its cheap) but thats it. I think there's a large hidden appetite for AAA Crash on PS but nothing else could justify its cost versus a new IP that does the same stuff.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sega clearly isn't seeking a buyer, they wouldn't have engaged in their, to be frank, terrible deal with Rovio if they were. Outside of a very select handful of games I question whether Sega's IP would be useful to Sony. Persona? Sure. Sonic and Yakuza? Perhaps. Anything else? Not really. An IP is only useful if you have a team to produce it and Sony doesn't have many free groups right now. The PC stuff might also make money/fit with their GaaS plans but FM and TW are built for PC, I can't imagine playing either on console. Same with Angry Birds- which Rovio has allowed to stagnate, to boot.

Square on the other hand...

And if Sony really have money to through around on IP, rather than dev teams, they should consider a purchase of Crash (and Spyro if its cheap) but thats it. I think there's a large hidden appetite for AAA Crash on PS but nothing else could justify its cost versus a new IP that does the same stuff.

I was talking purely wishful thinking on my part, not a serious discussion. I dont even know if Square is seeking a buyer either?

I admit it would be a strange match and there are better fits but Id love it. TBH, I just don’t want to lose those ips to MS.

Persona and Yakuza of course lol not just perhaps. Persona and Yakuza have always been on PS, were mostly Exclusive and there popularity is growing. The fanbase is mostly PS.

There other stuff, well old IPs can always make come backs and do well. We just saw that with Streets of Rage 4 and Sonic selling better than ever or in a long time. Same could happen with for example Shinobi and ummm lets say Phantasy Star 5 or PSO 3 etc. Just need need the correct teams.
They don’t have to be 5-10million+ sellers, but decent small-medium games.

Ah, by PC vision, I meant they would automatically have 2 long lasting PC games to carry on selling well on PC. And they could get a console port if they want. Football Manager is already on PS5. Id play them.
I love the Total War series but they could just be successful on the PC as they previously were And a little bonus on Consoles like Warhammer is coming to Xbox.

Anyway its all just my wishes.
-Personally. Yakuza, Persona, SMT, Shining Force, Phantasy Star would give some great JRPG’s PS 1st party is lacking.
-Virtual Fighter for Evo
-Id Remake SMT 1-2 and Shining in the Holy Ark for VR. VR would be a great fit for those kind of RPG’s and the view too lol
-Total War and Football Manager PC market.
-Plus all the ips I love like Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force, Guardian Heroes, Sega Rally, Sonic
-Damn…I dunno if angry birds even sells anymore, but I guess it could join PS Mobile lol

Square would give them Some great Ips but I feel Sega has more variety from fighting, strategy games, JRPG’s and all sorts of classics. Square probably has the more valuable IP in Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I was talking purely wishful thinking on my part, not a serious discussion. I dont even know if Square is seeking a buyer either?

I admit it would be a strange match and there are better fits but Id love it. TBH, I just don’t want to lose those ips to MS.

Persona and Yakuza of course lol not just perhaps. Persona and Yakuza have always been on PS, were mostly Exclusive and there popularity is growing. The fanbase is mostly PS.

There other stuff, well old IPs can always make come backs and do well. We just saw that with Streets of Rage 4 and Sonic selling better than ever or in a long time. Same could happen with for example Shinobi and ummm lets say Phantasy Star 5 or PSO 3 etc. Just need need the correct teams.
They don’t have to be 5-10million+ sellers, but decent small-medium games.

Ah, by PC vision, I meant they would automatically have 2 long lasting PC games to carry on selling well on PC. And they could get a console port if they want. Football Manager is already on PS5. Id play them.
I love the Total War series but they could just be successful on the PC as they previously were And a little bonus on Consoles like Warhammer is coming to Xbox.

Anyway its all just my wishes.
-Personally. Yakuza, Persona, SMT, Shining Force, Phantasy Star would give some great JRPG’s PS 1st party is lacking.
-Virtual Fighter for Evo
-Id Remake SMT 1-2 and Shining in the Holy Ark for VR. VR would be a great fit for those kind of RPG’s and the view too lol
-Total War and Football Manager PC market.
-Plus all the ips I love like Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force, Guardian Heroes, Sega Rally, Sonic
-Damn…I dunno if angry birds even sells anymore, but I guess it could join PS Mobile lol

Square would give them Some great Ips but I feel Sega has more variety from fighting, strategy games, JRPG’s and all sorts of classics. Square probably has the more valuable IP in Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts
I don't know why people think you need the owner of Evo to own a fighting game franchise. You really don't, the event can and will take the biggest games its can get and, if anything, there's a glut of competitive fighters these days. MK, SF, Tekken, various Dragonball products, Smash, they're all firing on all cylinders. You want to revive VF? To what end? Sony brought Evo, seemingly, because it makes money in its own right, rather than as some sort of Playstation advertisement thing.

Anyways, I think that owning more good teams is way more important than owning more IP these days. They already have a base of properties that hardly ever get used, much better to spend on teams than brands. Same with Nintendo, I roll my eyes whenever I hear fans delusionally talk about buying, for instance, Megaman.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't know why people think you need the owner of Evo to own a fighting game franchise. You really don't, the event can and will take the biggest games its can get and, if anything, there's a glut of competitive fighters these days. MK, SF, Tekken, various Dragonball products, Smash, they're all firing on all cylinders. You want to revive VF? To what end? Sony brought Evo, seemingly, because it makes money in its own right, rather than as some sort of Playstation advertisement thing.

Ok forget Evo. It would be good For Sony to own a fighting game IP. But maybe VF isnt the right one.

Virtua Fighter plays completely different to any of those, MK, Tekken, SF etc its way more technical and less arcadey then Tekken /DOA etc.
It has a smaller fanbase but it still a great game when done right. Id love to see PowerStone back too. More and Different fighting games are good.

Anyways, I think that owning more good teams is way more important than owning more IP these days. They already have a base of properties that hardly ever get used, much better to spend on teams than brands. Same with Nintendo, I roll my eyes whenever I hear fans delusionally talk about buying, for instance, Megaman.

Im not in the opposite camp. But I believe owning certain Ips can really change things around. Brands are what sell. Harry Potter, Resident Evil, GTA, Animal Crossing, Fifa, Cod, Street Fighter. Im not saying new ips dont sell like them, but its harder to get right. Personally I wish there was more new IP in the industry.