Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has sold over 1 million copies worldwide

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
1M+ in 6 days is EXCELLENT for the franchise.
The previous mainline game Yakuza:Like a Dragon sold 1.8M copies(as of September 31st 2023).
The game initially released on Jan 2020 in JP/Asia and November 2020 for the rest of the world.

Game is already more than halfway to that number.

GB4c4mKaoAEB2VL.png

That's a lot more full priced copies being sold.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Good for the franchise. I've got all the other Yakuzas in my backlog thanks to fire sales and PS+ so will slowly make my way through. Is there an order you should play them in beyond the numbered titles (0-6)?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Good for the franchise. I've got all the other Yakuzas in my backlog thanks to fire sales and PS+ so will slowly make my way through. Is there an order you should play them in beyond the numbered titles (0-6)?
You can play Yakuza: Like a Dragon before playing the other titles, you only miss a small amount of context imo. But best way to play is just 0-Gaiden (play Gaiden after 6). Personally I'd recommend playing 0-1-2-6-Gaiden if you don't want to play them all. Again you miss some context, but 3-5 can be a slog.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You can play Yakuza: Like a Dragon before playing the other titles, you only miss a small amount of context imo. But best way to play is just 0-Gaiden (play Gaiden after 6). Personally I'd recommend playing 0-1-2-6-Gaiden if you don't want to play them all. Again you miss some context, but 3-5 can be a slog.
Yeah Y3 is a slog, it's the only Yakuza game I didn't like, but it's still important to play because that's where Morning Glory in Okinawa is established which is crucial for Gaiden imo. But 4 and 5 are amazing, Akiyama and Saejima are some of the best characters in the series. You don't wanna miss out on them. But I agree 0>Kiwami 1> Kiwami>2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > YLAD > Gaiden> and Infinite Wealth is the best order.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Yeah Y3 is a slog, it's the only Yakuza game I didn't like, but it's still important to play because that's where Morning Glory in Okinawa is established which is crucial for Gaiden imo. But 4 and 5 are amazing, Akiyama and Saejima are some of the best characters in the series. You don't wanna miss out on them. But I agree 0>Kiwami 1> Kiwami>2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > YLAD > Gaiden> and Infinite Wealth is the best order.
Yeah it sucks that really important story context exists in 3-5 but the games are extremely dated. Shinada is one of my favourite characters in the series, Akiyama too, and it sucks knowing to experience it again you have to step back in time really. But I think for someone not versed in the series you can understand the general narrative development of Kiryu when skipping those titles - not that I would recommend it - but if you really didn't want to play them all at least that gives you the best balance of story and game experience.

I really hope they go back and do Kiwami treatments for the other 3. I will buy them again despite owning them all on both PC+PS.

Also the Saejima and Majima fight is great in Y7 when you appreciate the depth of the story moment it encapsulates.

Reactions: JAHGamer
26 Nov 2023

Yeah I feel like even though 3 is super dated, it's probably one of the most crucial games for Kiryu's story and character development. Dadryu becomes his predominant character and drives his decisions from then on. Also 3 can be finished in like 2-3 days if you focus on the main story so I'd def recommend not skipping it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer