United States
vQqEXW0BefsUqAyJTelwjmuA.png

It seems that a Remaster Trilogy or each individual game is coming to Steam

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I went to investigate the steamdb pages. The game app uses this app icon, which seems a LBP tree:
1587f67584a4ce6e8cff8ba0d308ad23a403ee2e.jpg

The tags of the game doesn't seem for LBP, so maybe they did the LBP fishing for attention:
image.png

Maybe if it's bait this may be the reason of why they use placeholder app image, I think totally unrelated to LBP:
image.png

The thing is that the game app has been getting changes for a over a year, doesn't seem a simple joke/fake just made today for some lols in reddit:

image.png

And I don't know if I did something but now I can see the name of the three DLCs and are indeed LBP, LBP2 and LBP3:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Probably it's fake, but nowadays everything seems possible with Sony regarding PC ports and seems a good idea for Media Molecule to generate some extra revenue, and would make sense to have it if Sony some day decides to make a (stop motion?) kids friendly animation movie of LBP or something like that.

And well, personally I think it would be cool to see all 3 LBP remastered for PS4/PS5+PC with crossplay, specially if you recover the stuff you had back in the day and if they bring back all the user created levels and stuff.

The thing is, LBP had a ton of licensed 3rd party stuff for DLC like Street Fighter costumes, that I'd bet they won't be able to bring back because typically these licenses are time (or platform) limited. It also had licensed music tracks, which probably should be replaced or removed.

And well, Media Molecule killed the servers relatively recently, affected by hackers, which could be an indication that back then they didn't plan to reuse them. In any case, pretty likely these servers were too old and weren't compatible with PC and potentially PS4/PS5 so anyways they would have needed to migrate them somewhere else, and I assume today they wouldn't update PS3 apps to get new servers.

PlayStation PC LLC doesn't seem to have this or any other unlisted game or dlc visible in their Steam account.

Who knows, let's wait and see. I'm 50%-50%, not sure if real or fake.

Last edited:

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Why would this be fake?

I guess this is cool if true, idk if there is much desire for people to play these titles on a PC. I did enjoy LBP 1 on the PS3 it was pretty cool. But I haven't bothered with the sequels. They should honestly just remaster the Trilogy or make a new one for PS5.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Gamingleaksandrumours subreddit seems to think this is fake. Two of these games are PS3 only and I kinda find it hard to belive that Sony would go back and go through the trouble of porting a PS3 game from a niche franchise when there's PS4 games they would likely rather port.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Gamingleaksandrumours subreddit seems to think this is fake. Two of these games are PS3 only and I kinda find it hard to belive that Sony would go back and go through the trouble of porting a PS3 game from a niche franchise when there's PS4 games they would likely rather port.
99.9% it is fake. licencing everything would be a nightmare. but you never know.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty