The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Last edited:

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Looks good so far... But I want them to show more soon though as I need more stuff to keep me excited for this game until it's out!

Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Combat seems insteresting and solid. I'd like to see a longer portion of normal gameplay to see the level design, because these videos are more focused only on explaining the combat mechanics.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Combat seems insteresting and solid. I'd like to see a longer portion of normal gameplay to see the level design, because these videos are more focused only on explaining the combat mechanics.
yeah, i agree. who cares about combat in vacuum. when the game can be 5h long with running straight 3h.

i actually got tired with this game. just fuck off or just show hard release date.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
We may get the date in a showcase but you never know with Sony, They can have the hubris of not doing any show till January of 2025.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
i actually got tired with this game. just fuck off or just show hard release date.
We may get the date in a showcase but you never know with Sony, They can have the hubris of not doing any show till January of 2025.
As far as I know in this event they didn't announce a specific date or delay, so continues being "2024" and pretty likely would announce it later when closer to release.

I assume they'll announce the specific release date in their (late September) Tokyo Game Show related State of Play, since they normally show there Asian games and this game is being published/managed by XDEV Japan.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
As far as I know in this event they didn't announce a specific date or delay, so continues being "2024" and pretty likely would announce it later when closer to release.

I assume they'll announce the specific release date in their (late September) Tokyo Game Show related State of Play, since they normally show there Asian games and this game is being published/managed by XDEV Japan.
how close it have to be? it is 3 months left, because i doubt it will be released in August or December, doubt about September too, so October, November.
so it can be 2-3 months to market the game. so unless they don't give a flying fuck about copies sold, the earlier you start marketing campaign, the better for the game.
it isn't like well known IP, recognized worldwide.
it is some weird ass shit happening at Playstation with all marketing. look like they clearly take PS community for granted :/

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
how close it have to be? it is 3 months left, because i doubt it will be released in August or December, doubt about September too, so October, November.
so it can be 2-3 months to market the game. so unless they don't give a flying fuck about copies sold, the earlier you start marketing campaign, the better for the game.
it isn't like well known IP, recognized worldwide.

As far as I know there isn't a specific timeline between the greenlight for China release and the release itself or the release date announcement. Same happens with the greenlight / age rating for USA, EU, Germany, Korea, Australia, etc.

I'd say normally it's under a year, around 6-9 months aprox. But there are cases of 3 months, and other ones of over a year. If I had to bet, I'd say it will release around Q4 2024.

Regarding its marketing campaign, Sony started to market it back in 2017 when they announced the China Hero Project initiative. Since then they featured it in multiple China Hero Project events and trailers I mentioned in this other post where I listed the state of all the China Hero Project games , in addition to other ones I didn't mention like this ChinaJoy 2024 case, plus as I remember in some State of Play or blog post.

it is some weird ass shit happening at Playstation with all marketing. look like they clearly take PS community for granted :/
They make a lot of marketing and looking at their sales it's more successful than ever, there's nothing wrong with it.

As an example for this particular case, in the OP of this thread you have a video of a panel where they showcase gameplay of the game, in an event -the biggest one in Asia, not sure now but I'd bet it's also bigger than GC so would be the biggest one in the world- where they have a booth where they also market the game. In the link I posted above you can see Sony marketed the game in different trailers and events for years.

It's a Chinese title that started as an indie solodev project, so obviously they don't expect huge sales because it would be naive and stupid. Which means that obviously won't have the same huge marketing budget than a GoW, Spider-Man, GTA or CoD game, it must be something relatively small. But they still have been marketing it for years, and it's fair to assume that as usual they'll market it more when very close to release.

You could think if they don't expect it to sell a shit, why to market it for years even if with a relatively low profile? The answer is because it's probably the best symbol and example of the strategy behind China Hero Project: to tell China that Sony wants to incubate, fund, support, market and -in some cases- publish new, small, promising Chinese teams helping them to grow not only in China but also in the rest of the world, both in PC specially in their console. And that even a one man army Chinese dev may end making a first party Sony game. To show them Sony is a good, interesting partner for their current and future indie/AA/AAA local industry and that their console features new and promising local talent.

Sony's goal is not getting huge sales of this specific game. It's to use China Hero Project to enter China and make partnerships with local emerging teams, from where maybe or maybe not in the long term some of them may end getting a big hit, but at least will provide them local products to grow in China while also providing a few extra interesting and exotic console exclusives every year even if not of the top quality level that add quantity and variety to their exclusives catalog.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Sony is unbelievable. They have no faith in Helldivers 2, yet they are investing in Lost Soul

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Some regressive commentary in that video. Always the same type of goofballs.
Why even squat on a video game you (not you guys here on I.E.) don't care about and politicize everything?

Last edited: