Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (Switch) is up for preorder at GameStop ($59.99). Is the DS upgrade worth the price? Releasing June 27th.

Do you think the upgrade is worth the price?

• Total voters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I love the series but Nintnedo is wild with these prices.
Ill wait till discount.

Now we need Luigi's Mansion 1 on switch

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
60 Dollars for an upscaled Nintendo 3DS port lol. What a scam Nintendo fanboys will eat up
Thyve done this shit a few times. At least this has a little work in it they've literally ported old roms in the past and charged full price and their hand defended them 😂😂😂. You even have dummies in this twiiter post saying "at least it's more work done than tlou 2 Remaster" 😂smh.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony should learn from Nintendo, Bloodborne Remastered $60 instead of a remake, that is how you become more profitable.

Plenty of PS3 games to remaster as well and charge $60 for it.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sony should learn from Nintendo, Bloodborne Remastered $60 instead of a remake, that is how you become more profitable.

Are you their shareholders?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You know damn well no discount will come lol
Haha.
It happens once in a blue moon. Thats when I strike lol.
Ive bought all the games on there discounted apart from 3 Houses, that one I wasnt waiting for. I havent bought a Nintendo game since they accepted the COD deal. Im a stubborn mule

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
as acceptable prices.

Surely nobody charged full price remastered unless they are Nintendo.
It is what it is, I rather have the game I want at a higher price than not have it at all. Sony games always go down in price rather fast, specially when compared to Nintendo.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Even PS3 remasters would justify the price more and would be quite harder than this, getting The Last of Us on PS3 remastered for PS4 was a nightmare according to devs due to how complicated the Cell was.

That being said i would happily buy a remaster of Metal gear Solid 4 and Resistance 2 for $60 each on PS5 even if it doesn't have multiplayer!

Reactions: Nhomnhom

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't understand why Nintendo didn't also port the first game. They could have made a double pack like with the first 2 Pikmin games.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't understand why Nintendo didn't also port the first game. They could have made a double pack like with the first 2 Pikmin games.
This is the same Nintendo that in 2018 released Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Switch (which wasn't really a remaster but more of a port with slight changes) for $10 more than it launched on Wii U and was even a Nintendo selects title on Wii U at that points and permanently cut down to $20 so they ended up removing it from the Wii U eshop! https://nintendoeverything.com/donk...reeze-no-longer-available-on-the-wii-u-eshop/

Then just two years later removed Pikmin 3 from the Wii U eshop which was $20 at that point so the port of Pikmin 3 on Switch wouldn't look so pricy in comparison: https://gamerant.com/pikmin-3-removed-wii-u-eshop/
I do think they ended up putting pikmin 3 back on the wii u eShop after some time tho.

If they ever remaster Luigi's Mansion 1 if it's either the gamecube version or 3DS version it will almost guaranteed to be another $60 purchase

Reactions: Box

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
This is the same Nintendo that in 2018 released Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Switch (which wasn't really a remaster but more of a port with slight changes) for $10 more than it launched on Wii U and was even a Nintendo selects title on Wii U at that points and permanently cut down to $20 so they ended up removing it from the Wii U eshop! https://nintendoeverything.com/donk...reeze-no-longer-available-on-the-wii-u-eshop/

Then just two years later removed Pikmin 3 from the Wii U eshop which was $20 at that point so the port of Pikmin 3 on Switch wouldn't look so pricy in comparison: https://gamerant.com/pikmin-3-removed-wii-u-eshop/
I do think they ended up putting pikmin 3 back on the wii u eShop after some time tho.

If they ever remaster Luigi's Mansion 1 if it's either the gamecube version or 3DS version it will almost guaranteed to be another $60 purchase

I see that they might want to get full-price for that one too, but why not port it first then?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I see that they might want to get full-price for that one too, but why not port it first then?
That's a good one honestly, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion 1 on the 3DS but maybe there were some changes in it that are hated or there are Quality of Life features introduced in it that make it technically superior to the Gamecube version but I believe the Gamecube version looks better from what I remember from the comparison videos. It would probably take more work to remaster the gamecube version and add in the improvements the 3DS version had so Luigi's Mansion 2 might of just been the simpler choice?
Or maybe they want to go backwards for some reason, 3 is already on Switch, now 2 will be, and maybe 1 will be cross gen between Switch 1 and 2?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
That's a good one honestly, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion 1 on the 3DS but maybe there were some changes in it that are hated or there are Quality of Life features introduced in it that make it technically superior to the Gamecube version but I believe the Gamecube version looks better from what I remember from the comparison videos. It would probably take more work to remaster the gamecube version and add in the improvements the 3DS version had so Luigi's Mansion 2 might of just been the simpler choice?
Or maybe they want to go backwards for some reason, 3 is already on Switch, now 2 will be, and maybe 1 will be cross gen between Switch 1 and 2?

Maybe they will go the lazy way and put the GameCube version on NSO when 2 launches.....
And of course announce the full-price remake for Switch 2.

Reactions: RE4-Station