Lunar Remastered Collection coming Spring 2025

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Will buy this depending on price. Was LTTP on this on PS1 and the prices they wanted for discs back then on ebay was ridiculous.

Always wanted to play the games.

Reactions: Entropi
24 Jun 2022
Played through EB not too long ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I might pick this up depending on what enhancements there are.

FWIW, I thought a lot of the early boss fights beyond the very first one were a little too easy, and the boss encounters didn't get more elaborate or challenging until about halfway through the normal game. But the dungeons themselves were consistently solid in their level of challenge, and the game does a good job punishing players who try running away too frequently from battles.

The last boss fight (pre-Epilogue) is great but damn is there one phase in particular which is just absolutely brutal. Took me multiple attempts and I only barely made it past that phase to finish the rest of the battle. I swear the boss AI has to be reading the player's state and choosing the absolutely most devastating option to attack with based on hat (save up on those SP-restoring orbs, farm Chiro Crests & stock up on revivals).

Might be asking a tad, but it'd be cool if they did yet another remix of SSS & EB with this re-release on the gameplay front. I wouldn't mind slightly harder boss encounters and more hazard/damage traps and pitfalls in the dungeons, or the Mega CD version of inventory management (where characters could only use items they specifically had, aside trading between one another) and how that game used EXP for saves.

Just don't make the costs for saving as crazy as the Mega CD versions and let players trade items between one another during battle while having a decent number of inventory slots (tho I wouldn't mind certain characters having more slots vs. others e.g Hiro having less slots than Lemina but more than Leo). I'd be down to play a version of Lunars 1 & 2 with those changes for sure.