MAJOR changes coming to Easy Allies in 2024 (failed to meet profit targets)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
  • Easy Allies failed to meet their profit target to sustain full-time employment.
  • Bradley Ellis is leaving Easy Allies having found higher paying work.
  • Everyone else currently staying on Easy Allies has a part-time salary.
  • Non-performing shows have been downsized to be small/part-time features.
  • The focus in 2024 is to double down on the performing shows with the hope of a profit bounce back.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There was a big problem after they had Dustin from Sacred Symbols on.... he is good friends with Brad Ellis, I believe.

So maybe Brad is going to CLS, I think its definitely possible.

The Dustin thing was a shitshow, he was invited on and had a great show and then a few people in the audience complained and Easy Allies apologized for having him on...which was quite unprofessional.

I haven't watched since Kyle left, I used to watch only for Kyle and Huber...they were a good duo.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
There was a big problem after they had Dustin from Sacred Symbols on.... he is good friends with Brad Ellis, I believe.

The Dustin thing was a shitshow, he was invited on and had a great show and then a few people in the audience complained and Easy Allies apologized for having him on...which was quite unprofessional.

I haven't watched since Kyle left, I used to watch only for Kyle and Huber...they were a good duo.

Why did having Dustin as a guest cause a problem?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

They are my go to ppl for reviews. Idk their reviews usually gel with how I feel about a game generally.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Always felt they had too many shows. They need one strong show which I guess is the podcast, but that doesn’t feed every member of the team.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

What was there to apologize for, is he supposed to be controversial?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Nothing from my perspective but there are a lot of people out there that just have it in for Colin and anyone around him. They just want to hurt him by hurting those close to him... that type of thing. It's sad... people should not be doing such hateful things.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

They basically pay WAY too much heed to the ResetEra contingent and have driven away a lot of their viewers and patrons by pushing harder and harder into bullshit even though it was initially a small amount of their patrons who wanted that.

The crybabies won, and are killing the whole thing.

EasyAllies is such a stupid fucking name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Unbelievable. Deserved then.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
They have certainly also lost viewers and supporters due to their very harsh language towards conservatives who initially had a hard time with Isla's coming out. I can still remember Ben saying that anyone who has a problem is no longer welcome. From that point on, they positioned themselves politically and allowed themselves to be fed by the left-wing “Era Bubble”.

The story with Dustin then showed how problematic it is to have a small, radical and loud support group. If things aren't going well financially, you give in and put your own employees in trouble. Given the number of viewers and subscriptions, it was certainly only a matter of time before it came to an end. The number of reviews has also decreased significantly in recent years and apart from Blood and Huber, there is no one on site who can now do reviews.

Subliminally, they have actually already announced the end in the video, as everyone is looking for a full-time job and sees Easy Allies as a hobby/part-time job. So that means even less content but probably the same costs to support it. It's still a shame, but for me they lost some of their importance with the departure of Jones and Ben.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Can anyone have summary of the story. I don't know these guys or any US based media, so a bit background would help

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Can anyone have summary of the story. I don't know these guys or any US based media, so a bit background would help
We can't really talk about it here because paranoia is everywhere. Just watch the first 3 seconds of the video and you'll understand everything.

Meme No GIF by HiHo Kids

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yes, he’s a proud Christian (his words not mine) and he said the selecting pronouns stuff in Starfield was stupid. That’s enough to make these people hate him 😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yes, he’s a proud Christian (his words not mine) and he said the selecting pronouns stuff in Starfield was stupid. That’s enough to make these people hate him 😂
I remember playing COD BOCW. They give option for what I think is not a binary option, so genderless?

Well in the translated subtitle they actually doesn't have any pronoun at all. Funny stuff :ROFLMAO: . I thought the translator just gave up :ROFLMAO:

In audio I heard they say Bell. So what's the point of it again? They could just add Bell to the subtitle and given no options at all.