Mario Sunshine - What is your opinion?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just decided to replay Mario Sunshine on 3d All Stars for the Switch.

Yep just as tedious and frustrating as it was when I first played it on the Gamecube. A garbage camera to go with it.

Still the only 3d Mario I have not completed and will probably remain that way.

Honestly pales in comparison to Mario 64 and the Galaxy games.

For me it is the worst 3D Mario game and probably the only Mario game I hate.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I played it when it was released. It was a good game back then but is far from my favorite Mario game.

Reactions: Muddasar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Loved it.
When I bought the Mario collection on Switch it played well. I was never a fan of the Galaxy games, always preferred the Mario 64, Sunshine, Odessy level design compared to Galaxy 1 and 2.

The only levels I didnt like in Sunshine were those platforming special stages…. Which is basically Mario Galaxy which Im not a fan of at all. I understand its a top game, but its not for me. Especially with the wii mote shaking. I finished the first game.

Sunshine wasn’t the perfect sequel, missing moves too. But I enjoyed it kept the same level design as Mario 64, great music too

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Galaxy was peak 3D Mario. Don't know why Odyssey got the love it did. It somehow was a barren bloated mess. I pray they return to Galaxy's formula. Nintendo innovating for innovation's sake can be a detriment. Sunshine is good in isolation but suffers from being sandwiched between Mario 64 & Galaxy in the 3D Mario timeline. A better game before and a better game afterwards.

• fire

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Definitely the worst 3d mario game by far and has the worst controls and worst polish of any Mario game period

• fire

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think it's the only "mainline" Mario game I've never finished. IMO it's just not fun and the design aesthetic with those island characters is incredibly bland. It was a huge let down after how good Mario 64 was. I don't think it's worth playing.

One of the few Mario games I never played.

I only ever heard praise for it though.
Don't trust those people anymore.

• fire