Meet Waterwing, flying machine that can dive deep underwater. Coming in HFW: Burning Shores DLC

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I still want a robot dolphin but this is even better since i get to fly right out of the water with it

The Office Crying GIF

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This is really amazing. Shame the game is plagued with bullet sponge enemies and way too many ammunition types.
Sounds like a personal problem rather than the actual fault of the game. Playing on the appropriate difficult and actually hitting their weak points is how the game is meant to be played.

Shame Horizon doesn't have the weab audience of Elden Ring or the brand strength of GoW because Forbidden West was better than both games. (Graphically and gameplay wise)

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sounds like a personal problem rather than the actual fault of the game. Playing on the appropriate difficult and actually hitting their weak points is how the game is meant to be played.

Shame Horizon doesn't have the weab audience of Elden Ring or the brand strength of GoW because Forbidden West was better than both games. (Graphically and gameplay wise)
I know, I played both and I still felt the way I felt.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I know, I played both and I still felt the way I felt.
Just feels odd to complain about the game having tough enemies and giving you multiple options for ammo. That's like the whole point of the gameplay.

Burning Shores coming to be the first piece of first party content of 2023 and save us from the drought!

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Astonishing. I’ve been playing HFW to do some cleaning and upgrades before the DLC. Guerrilla doesn’t get the credit it deserves for crafting this beautiful world.
Aside trolls people who attack horizon havent played it more than few hours in most cases.

Combat, variety re among the best in open world games. Only mostake was they give u flying mount too late in the game. Use flying mount s so mucf fun and adds new dimension. So much better than first game.

Watch new zelda use similar stuff and media goes nut about it.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I hope we can use these mounts in the normal game.

Its a travesty that guerrilla didn’t win many awards for even their technical ambition with this game. The industry is so phony

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's amazing how the goalposts move everytime this game comes out with something new. First people said flying mounts couldn't be done because of the PS4. That was done. Now we have a flying mount that can also go underwater. Which I can't think of any game that has done that. Now people are wanting aerial and underwater combat or else it sucks when I don't think i've seen underwater combat in any game. This game is doing more gameplay wise than Elden Ring and Zelda but I don't see the same feature concern trolling for those games.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This is really amazing. Shame the game is plagued with bullet sponge enemies and way too many ammunition types.
I think the enemies only become bullet spongey if you aren't using the correct ammunition against them and shooting the right areas.

If you going up against a tough unknown enemy first thing to do is scan them to find weak points and what type of elements they are weak against.

If the enemy has too much armour use weapons that focus on tearing off armour. Tearing off armour bit by bit is really satisfying.

Then you can probably use the bog standard bow to finish them off with the correct elemental type for the ammunition.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think the enemies only become bullet spongey if you aren't using the correct ammunition against them and shooting the right areas.

If you going up against a tough unknown enemy first thing to do is scan them to find weak points and what type of elements they are weak against.

If the enemy has too much armour use weapons that focus on tearing off armour. Tearing off armour bit by bit is really satisfying.

Then you can probably use the bog standard bow to finish them off with the correct elemental type for the ammunition.
In the first game I never felt that way.
On the FW, I felt that a lot of times.
I feel the game gave way too much options for the sake of variety and it ended up just being annoying to me.
Of course people are allowed to feel differently, but I just didn't enjoy it like I did the first game.
Maybe I'll replay it later in the year and change my perception of it.

Reactions: Entropi

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's amazing how the goalposts move everytime this game comes out with something new. First people said flying mounts couldn't be done because of the PS4. That was done. Now we have a flying mount that can also go underwater. Which I can't think of any game that has done that. Now people are wanting aerial and underwater combat or else it sucks when I don't think i've seen underwater combat in any game. This game is doing more gameplay wise than Elden Ring and Zelda but I don't see the same feature concern trolling for those games.

I mean, im hoping we get aerial and underwater combat, i dont care what people say horizon was my favorite game last year. I still want more reasons to stay in the air and under water

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
In the first game I never felt that way.
On the FW, I felt that a lot of times.
I feel the game gave way too much options for the sake of variety and it ended up just being annoying to me.
Of course people are allowed to feel differently, but I just didn't enjoy it like I did the first game.
Maybe I'll replay it later in the year and change my perception of it.

I feel the same way. Weapons didn’t feel powerful enough for like 85% of the game and I was so annoyed by it. Only after I upgraded some legendary weapons to max level I was able to enjoy combat more.

I did like the game as a whole but to me hand to hand combat and the upgrade system was a step back.

Or maybe I was trying to play the game like HZD and didn’t adapt to the new weapons and mechanics.

Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 223

Guerilla delivers again tech wise while simultaneously setting the blueprint and standard of what an an Avatar game should strive for in terms of production values.

That's a nice Pelican.

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This expansion has a 60fps option like the base game right? Being current gen should not mean 60fps is out the window.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This expansion has a 60fps option like the base game right? Being current gen should not mean 60fps is out the window.
I expect the same graphical options as Forbidden West, so yes, with full VRR support that unlocks up to 120fps