• Adjustable for glasses

THE BAD​

• Much more expensive than the Quest 2
  • Not enough mixed reality content
  • Passthrough isn’t quite sharp enough
  • Only 128GB of storage to start
  • No battery life improvements

The Verge - 7.0/10.0
Maybe this is the headset before the headset, the one that helps entice developers to make cool stuff that turn into killer apps for the Quest 4. Heck, maybe none of this matters until the device itself is less “headset” and more “glasses” and until we’ve had a series of societal debates about whether you should make fun of people who wear these things in public. It’s going to take a lot of technical and social change to make mixed reality mainstream, and it’s probably going to take a few years.

IGN - 9.0/10.0
The Quest 3 continues Meta’s legacy of offering a cost-effective headset that doesn’t require an expensive gaming PC, but can still benefit from one if you have it. That’s a unique feature that sets it apart from almost every other VR headset out there, other than its own predecessors. The Quest 3 goes even further by offering us a ticket to mixed-reality gaming with a full-color passthrough mode that’s sharp enough to read things in the world around you, the lightest and most precisely tracked controllers available, and more. The sheer amount of upgrades are well worth the $200 generational price increase. For everyone else who is willing to make the splurge, the Quest 3 sets the new standard for VR and mixed reality gaming.

Wired - 8.0/10.0
Dramatically improved object detection and hand tracking. Enhanced visuals with greater FOV. Full color, higher resolution pass-through is a dramatic improvement …
… but pass-through is still noticeably fuzzy. OS and UI remain stubbornly dated (you still can't organize apps!). Much higher price points than Quest 2. Horizon Worlds is a ghost town.

Engadget - 88/100
If you’ve seen my PlayStation VR 2 review, you’ll know I’m pretty ambivalent about the state of VR at the moment. The headsets are getting better, but the games and industry just feels stagnant. The Meta Quest 3, at the very least, seems like a better option for VR newcomers than the $550 PlayStation VR 2. It’s pricey, but it delivers solid VR without a PlayStation 5. While it’s no Vision Pro, the Quest 3’s stab at mixed reality makes it a headset you’ll likely use long after your VR honeymoon is over.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Seems ok.
Vr is kinda over for me. I had every oculus since 2013 dk1 and the hype is all lost. 98% of games are trash fodder not worth sweating your face off.
Psvr2 got some really good games but I hated the comfort and lenses.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'm impressed by how far they've shrunk the form factor since Quest2. But I would not consider any VR platform right now until Valve shows their hand.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Seems ok.
Vr is kinda over for me. I had every oculus since 2013 dk1 and the hype is all lost. 98% of games are trash fodder not worth sweating your face off.
Psvr2 got some really good games but I hated the comfort and lenses.
lenses wise PS>Quest Pro> Valve. Maybe apple whatever name may comes up.

I think PSVR2 weakness is its offering. Having RE4 is nice but right now it lacks.

Sony should be paying ED some money to port some DCS model over, maybe Flaming Cliffs 3 first, then Tomcat, Mig-29, F-5E, F/A-18C, and a bunch of propeller planes.

Maybe because of weak CPU lock it at 30FPS, idc. If we get a Pro model then maybe 90FPS.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Currently on my quest 3 virtual desktops. I'm loving it so far. It's amazing.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
lenses wise PS>Quest Pro> Valve. Maybe apple whatever name may comes up.

I think PSVR2 weakness is its offering. Having RE4 is nice but right now it lacks.

Sony should be paying ED some money to port some DCS model over, maybe Flaming Cliffs 3 first, then Tomcat, Mig-29, F-5E, F/A-18C, and a bunch of propeller planes.

Maybe because of weak CPU lock it at 30FPS, idc. If we get a Pro model then maybe 90FPS.
But psvr2 lenses are old fresnel. I found them awful