Metal Gear Solid Delta New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Had another watch. This is a TLOU remake situation. They're using the same dialogue and even the same animations in cutscenes. However, they improved on the actual gameplay animations. It's basically MGS3 updated to modern standards.

I love it.

Not sure what was with the framerate, though. Seems, janky?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Looks 1:1 with gameplay of the original.

Will buy it to have it. Best MGS

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Looks rough like SH2 remake.

Looks like they have kept the same animations from the original.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Looks 1:1 with gameplay of the original.

Will buy it to have it. Best MGS
This.

Gameplay is basically the same.

I mean it nice to have an alternative to play for new gamers that never played it.

For gamers that already played the original… unless they have a lot of nostalgia in their hearts… it is a passable experience.

And for actual standards it looks like a cheap project… expected from Konami.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This.

Gameplay is basically the same.

I mean it nice to have an alternative to play for new gamers that never played it.

For gamers that already played the original… unless they have a lot of nostalgia in their hearts… it is a passable experience.

And for actual standards it looks like a cheap project… expected from Konami.

It’s most likely a copy and paste of the “Subsistence” version of the game which implemented a modern free control 3rd person camera vs classic MGS isometric but you could swap between the two.

MGS was pretty stellar with controls and animation at the time. V was of course the polished version of this and if they gave us quality of life to rip mgsv into this? They may have brought some things over you’d hope.

Visually I find it stunning even tho reminiscent of a homebrew unreal engine indie creation. Clean image quality and 60fps would be fantastic.

Reactions: ethomaz

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It’s most likely a copy and paste of the “Subsistence” version of the game which implemented a modern free control 3rd person camera vs classic MGS isometric but you could swap between the two.

MGS was pretty stellar with controls and animation at the time. V was of course the polished version of this and if they gave us quality of life to rip mgsv into this? They may have brought some things over you’d hope.

Visually I find it stunning even tho reminiscent of a homebrew unreal engine indie creation. Clean image quality and 60fps would be fantastic.
It's not exactly a copy.

They're reusing the same voice lines, so they didn't re-record those. The cutscene looks exactly the same as the original but I'm not sure if they're using the same "skeleton" for those or are they just making them look like the original.

But the gameplay is different. Brand new animations for everything. CQC, crawling, rolling, shooting.

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I can't put my finger on it but it seemed a bit off. I think this game looks better with the gameplay snippets in the trailer. I do see it being a disappointment from a gameplay perspective.

Ico

8 May 2024
This is peak!

GPp0U9vbAAA3NbY

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
And here I thought Shenmue 3 was Baby's First Unreal Engine Project.
I hope you guys keep the same energy as with SH2Remake, becouse this looks offensive.
Same energy across the board toward Konami's remakes coming from me. They both look like garbage.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Damn, damn, damn!
Collector's Edition completely sold out in Canada (because, of course).