Metaphor: ReFantazio trailer released

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1701913381871.png

Metaphor: ReFantazio was also known as Project Re Fantasy for several years. The game is being developed by the team behind Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5. Further details were not provided, but we’ll be sure to keep you all updated on any significant news. This truly does look like a next-generation JRPG experience. It’s also taken notes from the Shin Megami Tensei series. The director is Katsura Hashino, and the composer is Shoji Meguro.

Director Katsura Hashino stated in a previous message that this game is a third pillar for Atlus. One key phrase for the game is “Facing your fear.” Character designer Shigenori Soejima said they wanted an androgynous and heroic protagonist.

Composer Shoji Meguro confirmed the game uses a score inspired by hymns and Buddhist prayers in its soundtrack.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
When it
Is it going to be yet another cringe anime highschool game with basic turn based combat?
was originally reveal yrs ago it looked like traditional high fantasy but now it’s more steampunkish fantasy. The trailer this yr dint exactly blow me away or anything but real hope it’s nothing like persona which I'm really tired of.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Are they going to plaster the Xbox logo all over it and scrub any mention of PS?

Knowing Sega...highly likely!

Sonic The Hedgehog What GIF

D

Deleted member 223

Can't say a negative thing about what I just saw... despite not being my cup of tea. Gotta admire and respect the way they go all in on fantasy, in a very stylized way too on top.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Trailer from Atlus's channel. Platforms listed include PS5/PS4 and Steam (not listed in the xbox trailer)

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters