Microsoft Employee Inadvertently Adds More Fuel to the Xbox Multiplatform Fire - Push Square

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Cary Chen is Microsoft's director of game content in Asia, and the recent role change has seen him update his LinkedIn. However, he may have over-shared what his job involves; it previously said the portfolio range of games he looks after includes "Xbox Game Studios, Activision, Blizzard, Zenimax and Bethesda across PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and Mobile". This has since been amended to remove mention of platforms entirely.

DJ12

3 Feb 2024
Doubt it, its probably what his JD said and he didn't know it was a secret, or that people would be trawling LinkedIn.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
While I am sure Microsoft is going the multiplatform way, this honestly has nothing to do with it as he clearly managing and marketing multiplat games and GaaS that has pending content on Playstation such as Diablo, CoD, and Elders scrolls online. There's No mention of other MS games studios.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
No refunds!

cb1dd746-8bb7fe6e72fd032c4c7bcb229242d549.jpg

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I wouldn't read too much into that.
Mojang (Minecraft) is from Xbox Studios and sells on all those platforms, therefore he's entitled to place all those platforms in his CV.

We've also known for a while that Call of Duty would be in Playstation for another 10 years, and Microsoft also promised the regulators there would be Call of Duty for a Nintendo console.

It's not that I don't think Microsoft is going 3rd party and eventually the Xbox console will die as a result. It's just that this linkedin description doesn't tell us anything we hadn't known for half a year.