Microsoft has begun sending out refunds for both the Xbox and Steam versions of the Redfall 'Bite Back' Edition

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
6fsGPGHKDxsuTHaAi3UKgn-970-80.png.webp

• The game was a commercial and critical flop, criticized for an overall lack of polish and uninspired gameplay.
  • Roughly a year after its launch, Microsoft shuttered the studio behind the game, Arkane Austin, who also created the criminally underrated immersive sim Prey.
  • Users who purchased Redfall's "Bite Back Edition" were promised additional DLC, which ended up being cancelled.
  • Now, Microsoft has begun rolling out refunds to digital owners on Steam and Xbox.
I received tips this evening from users who purchased Redfall's Bite Back Edition that they were receiving automatic refunds. The Bite Back Edition cost $26.99, and Microsoft appears to be refunding the full amount to users on both Xbox and Steam.

Refunds seem to be rolling out in waves, with some having received one already, while others are currently in waiting. You should check your Junk Mail attached to your Steam or Xbox account in case it has fallen in there. One user also informed me that they were able to work with Bethesda Customer Support to receive a refund for the physical version of the Redfall Bite Back Edition as well after submitting a ticket. Although if you go down this route, be patient with waiting times, as there may be a fair few other people trying to grab refunds via this method as well.
Source

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
6fsGPGHKDxsuTHaAi3UKgn-970-80.png.webp

• The game was a commercial and critical flop, criticized for an overall lack of polish and uninspired gameplay.
  • Roughly a year after its launch, Microsoft shuttered the studio behind the game, Arkane Austin, who also created the criminally underrated immersive sim Prey.
  • Users who purchased Redfall's "Bite Back Edition" were promised additional DLC, which ended up being cancelled.
  • Now, Microsoft has begun rolling out refunds to digital owners on Steam and Xbox.

Source
I don't think any amount of money would make up for the psychological damage they inflicted on their user base.

• haha
Reactions: 2spooky5me