Microsoft Still refuses to release Starfield Sales data (It flopped)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I remember people claimed it was number 1 on the UK box chart but i have still yet to see this supposed data posted, Microsoft claimed they had "10 million players" but the peak player count is still lower then old games like Cyberpunk.

The fact that Microsoft still refuses to release the sales data makes me think it was a FLOP that sold well below expectations

Last edited:
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If it did well, they'd be shouting it from the mountain tops.

It's clear the cut the legs out from under the game by not releasing on PlayStation.

PC will be the only saving grace for sales and also in terms of mods etc.

It's funny we saw so many News Articles about FFXVI supposedly flopping when it sold 3 million yet we have not seen a single one talking about Starfield Sales Data.

I'm wondering how many "news" outlets are paid off by Microsoft

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's funny we saw so many News Articles about FFXVI supposedly flopping when it sold 3 million yet we have not seen a single one talking about Starfield Sales Data.

Yeah, where is Takeshi Michozuki or whatever his name is?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Of course it flopped but we all knew they were never going to show sales numbers, when’s the last time they reported that figure? 15 years ago when Halo 3 sold 8m?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Every forum and gaming websites were talking about FF16 sales. You even had journalists contacting Square directly to write damaging articles about it.

They are completely silent about a major Bethesda game going exclusive. They won't be able to hide the numbers for long when NPD and Europe numbers come out. We already know it did nothing in Asia. It's not looking good.

The monthly ranking is not that important, it's the yearly NPD Top 20. Starfield needs to be top 10 minimum. New IP or not. It's Bethesda.

Starfield had the full early access + month for NPD. This is rare to have so many days in your first month.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
If it did well, they'd be shouting it from the mountain tops.

It's clear the cut the legs out from under the game by not releasing on PlayStation.

PC will be the only saving grace for sales and also in terms of mods etc.
I don't think the game is a couple of mods away from greatness.

If people modded games before it's because the games in question were good enough to captivate people who had the skills to do that sort of thing. I don't think this game has the standing for that.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Messaging form the financial report is going to be key.

as I already said, for an undeniable success, these 3 things must happen:

Startfield should be on the NPD's top 3, a couple of millions of new GP subscribers and a substantial increase of the 3-digit percentile of console sales.

The above was assuming a 90+ MC/Game of the Gen/Genre Defining type of game. And we know how that pan out.

the best bet that we have is that some "insider" like Grubb or Jizz say something before the financial report.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Final Fantasy wasn’t even on PC and Square themselves said it met expectations.

Starfield is going to lose a lot of money. Good.
It will be released on PC later though. And it will perform well.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's ok.

For Phil, the only thing that matters is it didn't release on Playstation.

Messaging form the financial report is going to be key.
Not really. They can lie as much as they want by never saying what "successful" means.

Phil Spencer's been calling Gamepass "successful", "sustainable" and "profitable". We know from the leaks this is all a lie and there's good reason they hide all Xbox revenues behind Windows and 365 in their quarterly reports. This won't be any different.