Microsoft tried to acquire Square Enix

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely disgusting how they want to force people to buy into their ecosystem by limiting choice...

Games that have a massive history on PlayStation and they want to just take them off everyone not on Xbox.
And as I said in the other threads, Phil was trying to pass this for "mobile" but it's clearly targeting Sony with all these purchases.

Everything he suggests only targets Playstation customers. He really thinks people are fools.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And as I said in the other threads, Phil was trying to pass this for "mobile" but it's clearly targeting Sony with all these purchases.

Everything he suggests only targets Playstation customers. He really thinks people are fools.

Absolutely, their story changes every time they open their mouths.... if someone says left, he says right. Then if someone says right, he says left.

The truth is obvious when you look at the facts, the discussions and plans behind closed doors and the non-stop acquisitions since Booty sent that email in 2019.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Misleading thread title. As far as we know this never got to the offer stage, it was just a consideration. Would really like to know what the rest of the redacted stuff was because there's a whole lot of S-E that doesn't fit in with what Microsoft wants out of its games acquisition.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Could they of tried the gamepass strategy with DQ11S
Game was already out on Switch at that point but if you mean just the Xbox version, it would be for all S-E games so it certainly would have been.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Game was already out on Switch at that point but if you mean just the Xbox version, it would be for all S-E games so it certainly would have been.
Talking about the xbox version which launched on gamepass and probably didn't make square expectations

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Talking about the xbox version which launched on gamepass and probably didn't make square expectations
I think it wouldn't have garnered a new audience on GP. Its a veeeery long RPG and while that probably means its very useful to have under subscription, it also means the "play for an hour to check it out" team are going to get the very boring and basic tutorial dungeon and maybe not even make it to the castle to start the real plot.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Entropi

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

It's like his small pee-pee ego has been hurt by continuously losing to PlayStation for 10 years.

He wants to give them a big fuck-you, but he even keeps failing at that 🤣

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Phil is like Eric Bischoff in the 90’s in WCW. ( I don’t know if you’re a wrestling fan) But Eric’s goal was to use Ted Turners money, take Vince McMahon’s talent and bleed him dry. It’s similar to what Phil’s doing.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Dude tries to buy Square Enix to remove all their future games from PlayStation yet still go on PR tours crying about how unfair it is that Sony has temporary exclusive deals with Final Fantasty.

Somehow this is the good guy and savior of all things gaming while Jimbo is the devil because he tried to pretend some games were not crossgen for a few months.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft is a cancer to gaming. This deal would have resulted in the immediate demise of Square and their popular IPs like Final Fantasy if it went through. Games like FF have decades of history behind Playstation and Nintendo and the asshats at MS wanted to yank those games away from the platforms where they basically made their names and where most of their fans are for his dogshit gaming rental service (for a platform where Japanese games sell like shit traditionally compared to the competition)

The deal probably had no chance of going through but just the thought that Phil and the shitheads at MS even attempted it means they should be immidiately blocked from buying Activision. This whole FTC case has revealed that MS has no interest in creating, they are only interested in buying established 3rd party content and then locking the content from rival platforms that are way more popular than theirs.

The whole “When we all play we all win” bullshit we’ve been hearing from Phil and his paid shills in gaming media and gaming forums has been a total lie. While snake oil Phil has been lying through his teeth to regulators, he’s been behind the scenes doing cutthroat business and trying to harm competing platforms in the gaming space.

What truly angers me isn’t the fact they are doing this, we’ve known MS was like this since the beginning of time, what angers me is the hypocrisy from Phil and his army of shills and stupid fanboys. They really tried to convince us that they were the good guys when we could all see they were lying through their teeth. They are doing a hundred times worse behind the scenes than what they are accusing Sony of doing.