Mimimi Games (Shadow Tactics, Desperados III, Shadow Gambit) to shut down

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
mimimi_logo_grayscale_outline.png

Mimimi Games, the Munich-based studio behind the Shadow Tactics series, Desperados III, and the recently released Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew, will close down after 12 years, the studio announced.
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew will be Mimimi Games’ final title, and the studio is currently focused on delivering additional content for the game.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Thats a real shame, I thought they made excellent games.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The game just came out last week? I guess it bombed and killed the studio. The peak on Steam is 3.9k

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
RIP

The game just came out last week? I guess it bombed and killed the studio. The peak on Steam is 3.9k
Steam Councurrent Users is a very bad source to estimate sales or game performance. It's way more accurate to multiply their steam user reviews by 25 to get a rough estimate of their sales. Their most recent game, released August 17th sold around 35K units in Steam.

Pretty likely they barely had funds to release the game and saw that initial sales weren't promising enough to continue self-funding the studio and didn't have time to secure funding for their next project, so had to shut down. Pretty comon in indie games specially after the first or second game.

Last edited: