Miyazaki wants to ‘sharpen’ Bloodborne and Sekiro’s combat philosophy in his next games

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
bloodborne-sekiro.jpg

With the imminent release of Shadow of the Erdtree, the critically acclaimed DLC for Elden Ring, having snatched everyone’s attention – Miyazaki has spoken openly about his previous games and what they mean to him. While lamenting both Bloodborne and Sekiro as two of his favourites in an interview with GameInformer, he said that “[combat has] become something much more fluid and active, I think, which was a very defining characteristic of Sekiro, and it’s something I’ve been thinking about since Bloodborne.”

“Perhaps in Sekiro, it appears most obviously or its the clearest form that I can think that philosophy can embody. And personally, I think there’s one more level we can crank it up to and sharpen that and hone in on that mechanic even more, but I think Sekiro was a big turning point.”

Source

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Buddy keeps name dropping Bloodborne in all these interviews. I really hope that’s a tease of things to come.
I got that feel too. On top of that we have Bluepoint breaking radio silence that their original game is still being made.

Me right now
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FromSoft went from Dark Souls combat to making my favourite combat system of the generation in Sekiro. In Miyazaki we trust and he will deliver

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
My ideal combat system would have something like Euphoria where we would gets physics based interactions instead of purely stat based, maybe one day.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I got that feel too. On top of that we have Bluepoint breaking radio silence that their original game is still being made.

Me right now
Always Sunny Reaction GIF
I think blue point is probably working on the rumored horizon remake, a gow spinoff, or an uncharted project.

• fire
Reactions: Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To be clear, he was talking between the relationship between offense and defense:
image.png

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Buddy keeps name dropping Bloodborne in all these interviews. I really hope that’s a tease of things to come.

Sadly its up to Sony and they seem to hate the franchise

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
how about he sharpens up his team's technical chops, all of their games run terribly