Modders manage to get Grand Theft Auto V to run on the Nintendo Switch

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
A group with access to the leaked Grand Theft Auto V source code worked for a while until they finally managed to make Grand Theft Auto V for the Nintendo console.

The modder team Superstar South have been able to get the game working on the Nintendo Switch…at least to some degree according to GamesRadar+. The clips shown on social media show the game immediately crashing before loading. With some more work, they got the first heist to be playable…while it is really bad quality so far.

As we can see, Grand Theft Auto V is indeed running natively on the Nintendo console, but the performance is a complete disaster, with the game crashing non-stop. It is likely that this group will continue to work on this Switch version of the game, so performance may improve over time, but before that happens, the group could be sued.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
its trash tho lmao, if I was Rockstar, I wouldn't bother with the Switch either.

Gta V on the go is a big enough selling point for a lot of people, i used to buy worse versions of games on the psp just for the portability

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Gta V on the go is a big enough selling point for a lot of people, i used to buy worse versions of games on the psp just for the portability
those were entirely different versions specifically made for the PSP. Not just super scaled down versions .... No one will want to play poorly optimized junk like this.