Modern Warfare 3 coming to Xbox Game Pass July 24

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

modern-warfare-3-1.jpg

Microsoft is set to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in Xbox Game Pass later this month. The 2023 Call of Duty title will mark the first of the older Call of Duty games coming to Xbox Game Pass. Developed by Sledgehammer Games, the game generally received positive reviews from the community, but critics found its single-player content too short and lackluster. It’s understood that the announcement could come as soon as today, which is believed to have been the original plan for the Xbox Game Pass price increases and changes. The subscription service price increased by as much as 25% in some regions.

Last edited:

Draven

28 Jun 2024
So they raised the price to put the CoD in the Game Pass knowing that they would probably lose in sales.

They will increase this price even more.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Nobody that actually cared for CoD waited this long to pay monthly fees to play a game that is almost 1 years old. This whole gamepass thing is embarrassing one of the most pathetic corporate train wrecks in gaming history.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Man, CoD used to get disregarded on resetera before Microsoft bought it. now they are all acting like this is the biggest deal ever :ROFLMAO:

glad I went out in that ABK thread. banned for console warring (telling them we shouldn't hype of publisher acquisitions) And this is the era of when they were all confident CoD was going to be an exclusive.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Yaay last year's installment of a yearly franchise that will drop drastically in players & price the minute the new one comes out (it's also the laziest iteration in the franchise with the worst campaign)

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

They spent 70+ billion acquiring Activision blizzard with the promise of putting cod on gamepass my guy why you tryna flex ... Xbox is broke , Microsoft however isn't 🤡🤣

• haha
Reactions: Umar

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Bought, played and completed Modern Warfare III when it released and it's your normal typical 7-8 rated Call of Duty game. Simply put, it's freaking Call of Duty. You know what you're getting. A 6-8 hour action packed campaign before going to multi-player or zombies. Will never understand why anyone believes that Call of Duty will ever change as an annual franchise. It's the same shit as 20 years ago.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Bought, played and completed Modern Warfare III when it released and it's your normal typical 7-8 rated Call of Duty game. Simply put, it's freaking Call of Duty. You know what you're getting. A 6-8 hour action packed campaign before going to multi-player or zombies. Will never understand why anyone believes that Call of Duty will ever change as an annual franchise. It's the same shit as 20 years ago.
It's worse , MW2 was supposed to have 2 years of support but they made MW3 instead so they could sell a full priced cod before the acquisition went through that's why the campaign is all re used warzone areas & the multiplayer maps were all from the original MW2 & were going to be added to the new MW2

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I would’ve never thought it would still be so relevant for so long. I played religiously from 08-14. I had to call it quits, no matter what. Doing the exact same thing, year after year.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
It's worse , MW2 was supposed to have 2 years of support but they made MW3 instead so they could sell a full priced cod before the acquisition went through that's why the campaign is all re used warzone areas & the multiplayer maps were all from the original MW2 & were going to be added to the new MW2

Perhaps but outside of the open area maps which someone like me wouldn't make any difference due to the fact that I don't play Warzone or any online co-op/multi-player games, all the linear levels are basic Call of Duty. Majority of them were actually really good. Only one was bad (where you use the drone which I hate in all COD games) and one was a cinematic. But the other levels were good. MW 3 was originally an expansion and reusing the Warzone maps were going to happen regardless. Why make an expansion when you can sell a $70 game that 30m people will buy? Also, the campaign just doesn't matter when it comes to Call of Duty. It's all about the multi-player, Warzone and Zombies. The vast majority of COD players don't even play the campaign. I'm one of the few that ONLY cares about the campaign. lol. Like I said though, it's just your basic 7-8 Call of Duty campaign. I completed Infinite Warfare, Advanced Warfare, WWII and MW 2 2019 along with MW 3 2023. Infinite was the best at an 8.5/10 for me. Advanced and MW 2 were an 8 while WWII and MW3 was like a 7.5/10.

MW 3 is a 58 on Open Critic with 112 reviews. Redfall which for me is the worst game of the generation is a 57 with 132 reviews. There's no way in hell a game like MW 3 which looks, plays, sounds and has far better story and characters is ONLY a point higher. At some point, people need to get past/over their hatred for Microsoft and Xbox (or any company/brand for that matter) because at this point, it's simply nonsensical and a waste of time. Look at Spider Man 2. Majority here hate Sweet Baby Inc. but does this same majority hate Spider Man 2 despite a lot of the main story making no sense whatsoever and some side quests being cringey writing and dialogue wise? I mean the game is still an excellent 9.0/10 in my opinion. At some point, people need to judge the game itself, not all this other bullshit or this/that person loved/hated the game so it must be true.

Back to COD, outside of the first few games back on 360/PS3 when they were amazing and fresh for the time, they're all basically just a fun 6-8 hour action romp that you enjoy and move on from if you're only into the story campaign. If you want an action packed fix for a weekend, there you go. Nothing more and nothing less.

I would’ve never thought it would still be so relevant for so long. I played religiously from 08-14. I had to call it quits, no matter what. Doing the exact same thing, year after year.

I played four COD games last gen, MW 3 this gen and the original MW remastered. Infinite was the best for me at an 8.5/10. The rest are basically a 7-8. COD is like sports games. Same shit every year but if you love the game/sport and play it online, you're going to stick with what you like, know and what your friends like and know. It's why so many live service games now fail because the main ones are established and they have their hardcore fan base that aren't going to drop them for a new flash in the pan.

As for COD still being relevant, it's because what else is there that would satisfy that itch? Battlefield is here and there and while I loved Battlefield 4, they're all more or less exactly the same just like COD. On consoles, what else is out there that is literally a COD game? Unless a top tier competitor comes along, nothing will dethrone COD. And even if a top tier competitor could emerge, it never will because publishers aren't going to take the risk.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I played four COD games last gen, MW 3 this gen and the original MW remastered. Infinite was the best for me at an 8.5/10. The rest are basically a 7-8. COD is like sports games. Same shit every year but if you love the game/sport and play it online, you're going to stick with what you like, know and what your friends like and know. It's why so many live service games now fail because the main ones are established and they have their hardcore fan base that aren't going to drop them for a new flash in the pan.

As for COD still being relevant, it's because what else is there that would satisfy that itch? Battlefield is here and there and while I loved Battlefield 4, they're all more or less exactly the same just like COD. On consoles, what else is out there that is literally a COD game? Unless a top tier competitor comes along, nothing will dethrone COD. And even if a top tier competitor could emerge, it never will because publishers aren't going to take the risk.
Yeah you are right. It’s a more or less a sports game.

For me it was Modern Warfare all the way until Ghosts. Looking back at your post and I agree it’s easy to see why it’s remained popular, their gameplay is top notch and addictive. It’s also easy to play with friends. I honestly believe Black Ops 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. As well as MW2 (2009)

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Yeah you are right. It’s a more or less a sports game.

For me it was Modern Warfare all the way until Ghosts. Looking back at your post and I agree it’s easy to see why it’s remained popular, their gameplay is top notch and addictive. It’s also easy to play with friends. I honestly believe Black Ops 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. As well as MW2 (2009)

Another reason I didn't think of is back then during 360/PS3, what else was there that was like COD? Now, there's very little military shooters and I think the only ones are really CSGO 2 on PC and that Takrov game but they're not exactly the same as COD. Back then, there was nothing so once you hit and people get addicted to it like anything in life, they're here to stay. lol