More Xbox-Fans currently playing Destiny 2 than Starfield right now…

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Destiny 2 - #11
Starfield - #14

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It would be funny to see Destiny having more players on Xbox than Starfield and Halo combined.

Reactions: Puff

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So you mean the Sky isn't falling on Bungie? And Destiny 2 is still popular on all platforms?

How dare their 6+ year old game is still pulling good numbers? Worst Acquisition ever.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Destiny even in at its worst does better than what most games hope to accomplish. This performance after having survived 2023’s onslaught of tentpole blockbusters from Zelda to Spider-Man, from Diablo to Overwatch 2 etc…

Tho it is very weak for a season launch tbh. It’s definitely down notably from the last two years. The content is solid and being received well by players too and many of these things will do well with retaining pleased hardcore players but no way a player increase. I think it’s worth looking into how numerous games got hit this year.

However a 7 month season already debuting lower than its norm will need to be addressed and require a player surge that can only be thru making some campaigns actuakly free to play and removing ps plus and XBL paywalls.

The revenue concern is different. Next years seasonal model should be the answer to some of those issues. As I would assume so is Marathon and sharing engine and tech across both. Although I think the easiest answer is a Switch 2 port. Additinally, pretty sure Marathon is bound to be more profitable (if people like it) by not needing pve and narrative content every 3 months.

The doom is alarmist. But also… where you been this last decade? This is how Bungie is always treated 🤣

Last edited: