Mortal Kombat 1 PS5 Pre-Orders Punched to the Top of PS Store

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Damn that’s impressive. Not a big fan of fighting games but I’m glad fans are getting an array of fighting games this generation

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Damn that’s impressive. Not a big fan of fighting games but I’m glad fans are getting an array of fighting games this generation
I've grown out of them but still play here and there. MK is one of the funnest.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Probably my least favorite fighter overall but still find a bit of casual fun in it. My brother seems deadly at it.

It always had a decent audience. Great to see a fighter do well, hoping SF6 does great too and Tekken when it comes out.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I still need to see some gameplay and what that "immersive story mode" is before I decide between this and Street Figher 6. There is some really strong competition this year in that genre so they need to show something really cool, otherwise I'll get it later at a discount.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
SF6 looks like a switch game and with netherrealm being the only fighting studio that makes games with good graphics, i predict this will be the top fighting game of the year.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
SF6 looks like a switch game and with netherrealm being the only fighting studio that makes games with good graphics, i predict this will be the top fighting game of the year.

I'm going to disagree with SF6 looking like a switch game. It just goes for a more animated artsyle and it does a wonderful job at it. MK goes for a more photorealistic approach.

When it comes to sales I agree 100% , doesn't MK always sales more than every other fighting game? It's the more mainstream game of this genre by a mile. I think the global sales of the franchises is like 40 million for SF and like 80 for MK or around that, basically double. That would be like comparing the sales of Silent Hill 2 with the next Resident Evil, we all know which one is going to sell more.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm in once the complete edition is released in 18 to 24 months. Tired of NRS Bs.

Hopefully you don't have to grind on the krypt or the towers of time to unlock an uppercut or gotcha grab.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
NRS would be better served making MK a third person action game, they simply are not on par with other fighting game developers despite selling a shitload of these things. They seem to be good at literally everything other than creating a fun fighting engine, I would absolutely love to play a balls to the wall action game that utilized these characters and lore but I cannot do another NRS jank fest fighter

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
not shocking at all really mortal kombat 11 has sold over 15 million copies easily the biggest fighting game franchise around now even if it doesn't have the prestige that the japanese fighters have got.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I just buy them as tradion. Grew up on the arcades. Can't let it die