Mortal Shell has sold 1 million units worldwide and reached 10 million players

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Mortal Shell was originally released in Mortal Shell August 2020 and in the last three years, it has managed to beat that number of copies sold. In addition, the studio celebrates ten million players.

• Three Years
  • One Million Units Sold
  • Ten Million Players
  • 90% Discount on all Platform

Reactions: JAHGamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PS+ probably helped a lot with 10 million players.

About the game it is a Soulsborne clone that does somethings interesting and yes better than the From Software games... the differences in combat gameplay is worth the time.

Of course like all indies they lack the money push to make things at high level.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
As someone who has a tough time getting into Souls titles I like to give the games they inspired a fair chance. I’ll try this one and see if it grabs me. The trailer on the PS Store is very good.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As someone who has a tough time getting into Souls titles I like to give the games they inspired a fair chance. I’ll try this one and see if it grabs me. The trailer on the PS Store is very good.
Bought it, played it and enjoyed it. Even bought the dlc.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: BroodCorp

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Bought it, played it and enjoyed it. Even bought the dlc.
I still have this on my backlog, think I picked it up as one of those free games on ps plus.

As much as i liked Nioh 2, the difficulty in certain places made me wanting/needing to take a break, Is this a brutally hard souls game or manageable compared to that?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Every once in a while a thread about this game reminds me how I'm still missing the plat because of the no-hit run. The last boss made me give up.

The game is pretty good for a budget Soulsborne, so it's good it has been successful.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I still have this on my backlog, think I picked it up as one of those free games on ps plus.

As much as i liked Nioh 2, the difficulty in certain places made me wanting/needing to take a break, Is this a brutally hard souls game or manageable compared to that?
Hard to ask me lol I thrive on difficulty. Hmmm if your having a fun time with remnant than you'll be OK. It wasnt as difficult as some souls games to me but then again I never felt like they were difficult. I will say though the game is clunky but was fun to me.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw and arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

It's easier overall and short.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I really respect that they differentiated players and sales, why can't Microsoft have this kind of transparency?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hard to ask me lol I thrive on difficulty. Hmmm if your having a fun time with remnant than you'll be OK. It wasnt as difficult as some souls games to me but then again I never felt like they were difficult. I will say though the game is clunky but was fun to me.
This thing was fun to you, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

@arvfab my dude, please tell me, "You did not find this boss fun too"

There are some seriously sick Dudes on this forum

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
This thing was fun to you, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

@arvfab my dude, please tell me, "You did not find this boss fun too"

There are some seriously sick Dudes on this forum

Oh most of the "first" bosses in these kind of games are harder than later ones because of progression and lack of mastery of the combat system.

And no, I didn't have fun with that one the first time. But if I remember correctly, he is fought again later, and that fight was more fun because I beat the shit out of him.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw