Most annoying individuals in game industry(your opinion)

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Everyone here of course hate Phillipo "Parents credit card" Spender, achieve little to nothing, nothing but flop but so much interviews, basically an unsuccessful attention whore, promising and lying constantly, and playing victim.

Kojima Video no Games, a conman with a media cult. Has some talent but overhype himself, egostic and considered himself an autuer. This motherf***** put his name in forefront on everything involves himself.

Anyway, who else in your opninion

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Who's that "I Fooking love cars!" exec that used to always show up? He used to piss me right off for some reason.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Kojima games are great, even when you go back to the games he was making in the 80s. People need to stop getting mad over Kojima being recognised for how great and important he is. He is huge for the games media precisely for the reasons you seem to hate him so much.

Kojima, Neil Drukman, Miyazaki, Ueda, some people hate these AAA game directors that are recognized for pushing the media further instead of settling for convention. It's not a personal attack on you that they try to make non ordinary games.

Even David Cage is a good example of this, he got immense hate over the years for simply trying to make AAA games with unconventional gameplay (regardless of his bad writing). Smaller games later followed his template to universal aclaim.

Phil Spencer on the other hand is irredeemable and a complete phony.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer by a mile, from his fruity face, to the fake gamer poser shit he does like wear gamer shirts and obviously has interns or others playing on his account to make it look like he's a gamer.

I use to dislike Reggie from Nintendo just as much, definitely gave off try hard, bozo, fake vibes.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Surprised no one mentioned the guy on the right. Not sure what his role is in the industry.

D8lONYZU0AA0cJl.jpg:large

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Kojima gets a bad rep because he wants to make movies but I feel Sam Lake is a better version of Kojima.

Sam Lake stories are better, more interesting, less blabla and less confusing mess. The gameplay is still great and stylish without being strange.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
In the whole industry? Thats painting with a really broad brush so here you go. I n no particular order since I am on mobile and thus have limited post-editting ability.

Adam Orth. His crimes include killing Lucas Arts, helping create the pre-180 Xbox One and I think he's into something pretty terrible now but cannot recall what it is.

Billy Mitchell. A liar, a cheater and, most disgustingly, an abuser of the legal system.

Dunkey. Unfunny youtuber with an annoying voice.

Oddworld Inhabitants founder Lorne Lanning. Pretentious mini-Kojima with all the same foibles excep his games can't hold a candle to Koji's.

GameXplain youtuber Andree Seegers. Hero turned villain who started by offering in depth trailer analysis videos but now just re-ups uneditted Nintendo trailers. Hired a staff of monkeys and paid them peanuts.

And finally, a controversial pick, former NoA executive Reggie Fils-Aime. "Good guy" who used his his memes and jokes to hide the fact that his NoA was one of the least likely to localize "hardcore" titles and one of the most likely to arbitrarily hold back releases to fill calendar holes. NoA under him also reportedly developed a pretty bad "insiders/outsiders" working culture with its longterm contractors and constantly failed to launch its own internal projects successfully. His tenure also saw NoA quickly lose its ability to act/market independently from NCL. I don't hate the man, but he's no saint and gets far too much credit.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Everyone here of course hate Phillipo "Parents credit card" Spender, achieve little to nothing, nothing but flop but so much interviews, basically an unsuccessful attention whore, promising and lying constantly, and playing victim.

Kojima Video no Games, a conman with a media cult. Has some talent but overhype himself, egostic and considered himself an autuer. This motherf***** put his name in forefront on everything involves himself.

Anyway, who else in your opninion
Yeah he is a bit full of himself and I feel like he got offended that Death Stranding was not received very well (compared to his previous work) and though I liked it I can definitely see why many people did not like it. But to put him in the same bracket with that sleazeball Phillnokio is not fair.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
@Zzero

Paging Mr Mitchell's lawyers. I repeat, paging Mr Mitchell's lawyers.

Prepare to be sued by the player of the century. Just don't ask for proof.