Multiple Assassin’s Creed remakes are on the way, Ubisoft CEO confirms

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
assassins-creed-black-flag-1440x810.jpg

A number of Assassin’s Creed remakes are planned, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has confirmed.

In an interview on the Ubisoft website, Guillemot was asked what Assassin’s Creed players can expect from the series in the future.

Guillemot replied that the series would see a variety of games in the coming years, including numerous remakes.

“Firstly, players can be excited about some remakes, which will allow us to revisit some of the games we’ve created in the past and modernize them,” Guillemot said.

“There are worlds in some of our older Assassin’s Creed games that are still extremely rich.

Source

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Black Flag is a given for one of the remakes and there's rumor that the first Assassin's Creed is also getting a remake. I think one AC game that can benefit from a remake though would be Assassin's Creed 3. AC3 back when it was released was a disappointment for many. The game introduces lots of pieces but many of it fell short and came across as more of a concept than a complete gameplay mechanic (like the introduction of the open world-ish wilderness that had nothing to do when exploring). Remaking AC3 could allow Ubi to revisit the gameplay and flesh it out a lot more.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Black Flag is a given for one of the remakes and there's rumor that the first Assassin's Creed is also getting a remake. I think one AC game that can benefit from a remake though would be Assassin's Creed 3. AC3 back when it was released was a disappointment for many. The game introduces lots of pieces but many of it fell short and came across as more of a concept than a complete gameplay mechanic (like the introduction of the open world-ish wilderness that had nothing to do when exploring). Remaking AC3 could allow Ubi to revisit the gameplay and flesh it out a lot more.
I really enjoyed parts AC3 and its concepts. Could really do with a remake and fix the issues, especially assassin missions

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I played BF a month ago. It does not need a remake. I mean, its not great, but a remake won't help.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Black Flag is a given for one of the remakes and there's rumor that the first Assassin's Creed is also getting a remake.
I hope the first one gets a remake first. Black Flag already got a PS4-era version that still holds its own at high resolutions and framerates nowadays, it can wait for the PS6-era IMO.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
As someone who loves Black Flag to where it made me an Assassin's Creed fan, im super hyped for the remake. The first game should definitely be remade as well.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I played BF a month ago. It does not need a remake. I mean, its not great, but a remake won't help.
Black Flag is not great?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

The first Ass Cream needs a remake. Keep the basic story but make the side quests interesting. I loved the looking for bits of info to plan the main story assassination. The assassin part of the game was more ignored than tweaked in subsequent games. I haven't tried Mirage yet.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Black Flag is not great?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

The first Ass Cream needs a remake. Keep the basic story but make the side quests interesting. I loved the looking for bits of info to plan the main story assassination. The assassin part of the game was more ignored than tweaked in subsequent games. I haven't tried Mirage yet.
I encountered a gamebreaking bug that forced me to restart within ten seconds of starting play. Another time I held forward during a cutscene and ended up piloting my ship 50 feet under water with no way to resurface. People forget how buggy it was. Furthermore it ditched both parkour and assassinations for most of its gameplay in exchange for the "acceptable" but not amazing naval combat. Go back and play it, see how "great" it really is.