My dog died 30 minutes from his new home

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm beyond devastated, he didnt even get the chance to run around his new yard and I was so excited because I closed on it yesterday.

I'm in my new house and new bed alone, no pup, my husband is still across the country. Should be a good moment but it's just been tainted
jeez, i am really sorry to hear that, what happened if you don't mind me asking

What was his/her name, breed, and age?

I remember when my ridgeback died many years ago, it was just beyond terrible.

Her name was Petra, she made is to 14.

Reactions: Deleted member 38

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I experienced something somewhat similar many years back. I felt like I had failed my girl. I know now that is not the case but ... it was just how it felt at the time.

Rest assured your dog was happy just to be your dog and I think new house or not, it wouldn't have cared compared to the time it spent with you.

Reactions: EDMIX
OP
OP
Gh0stnTheBashShell

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
jeez, i am really sorry to hear that, what happened if you don't mind me asking

What was his/her name, breed, and age?

I remember when my ridgeback died many years ago, it was just beyond terrible.

Her name was Petra, she made is to 14.
Internal bleeding.

He was fine this morning, we went for a walk and he ate. About 30 minutes before we got to the house in he started breathing a little funny I figured he was anxious it was very similar to his behavior but I told him that we'll be at the house soon and he can stretch his legs in a little bit. He pooped on the rear seat cover and a few seconds after that I saw him in the rear review repositioning himself to get behind me but seconds after that I IMMEDIATELY pulled over and checked on him like it was an instinct and I opened the door and his little head flopped over and his tongue was white. I hauled ass to a pet hospital a few miles away at 90mph and they tried to bring him back but the vet said based off what she saw it looks like he has bleeding internally and that he wasn't going to come back. He suffered and I'm just feeling like I didn't deserve him and feel like this entire venture to get this house has been cursed, feels so much like a fucking omen.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Internal bleeding.

He was fine this morning, we went for a walk and he ate. About 30 minutes before we got to the house in he started breathing a little funny I figured he was anxious it was very similar to his behavior but I told him that we'll be at the house soon and he can stretch his legs in a little bit. He pooped on the rear seat cover and a few seconds after that I saw him in the rear review repositioning himself to get behind me but seconds after that I IMMEDIATELY pulled over and checked on him like it was an instinct and I opened the door and his little head flopped over and his tongue was white. I hauled ass to a pet hospital a few miles away at 90mph and they tried to bring him back but the vet said based off what she saw it looks like he has bleeding internally and that he wasn't going to come back. He suffered and I'm just feeling like I didn't deserve him and feel like this entire venture to get this house has been cursed, feels so much like a fucking omen.
Unfortunately, it's a very sad thing but try not to blame yourself for it, circumstances can be totally out of your control at times, you did not know and tried to help, and without hindsight, there is nothing you could have done.

I know you are upset but try to remember the good times, time is a great healer and you will get through this.

I am almost 50 years old, i have lost close to 10 beloved dogs over the years, All i like to believe now is they are all in Doggie heaven with something akin to the video below.

Legacy Admin

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
I'm beyond devastated, he didnt even get the chance to run around his new yard and I was so excited because I closed on it yesterday.

I'm in my new house and new bed alone, no pup, my husband is still across the country. Should be a good moment but it's just been tainted

Sorry to hear that my friend.

Internal bleeding.

Don't blame yourself please. I know it's hard, but there was nothing you could have done. If you need to chat, vent, etc, my PMs are open.