Naughty Dog: We are THRILLED to announce The Last of Us will be part of Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights!

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

The Naughty Dog and PlayStation award-winning video game set in a post-apocalyptic America overrun by mutated fungus-infected humans will come to life as a haunted house beginning Sept. 1 at Universal Orlando Resort and Sept. 7 at Universal Studios Hollywood. The house, the first to be announced as part of the 2023 event, arrives amid the game’s 10th anniversary year.

“As a massive fan — and frequent attendee — of Halloween Horror Nights, we are honored to have The Last of Us included in this year’s lineup. It has been an incredible thrill for us at Naughty Dog to collaborate with Universal, bringing the world of the game to life, focusing on even the tiniest details that our fans know so well,” Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann said.

Guests on both coasts will have to survive a brutal journey of carnage and mayhem alongside fellow hardened survivors and the game’s protagonists, Joel and Ellie, while navigating the Pittsburgh Quarantine Zone. Inside, fans will glimpse iconic game locations including The Hotel Grand and a labyrinth of dark and dank tunnels, and come face-to-face with terrifying Clickers, Raiders, Runners and Stalkers, as well as the band of hostile humans known as The Hunters.​

Visiting guest please leave your golf clubs at home

giphy.webp

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yes... what is it? Can someone explain?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...l-studios-halloween-horror-nights-1235515915/

Its a Horror Themed event at Universal studios Orlando and Hollywood.

The Last of Us is set to unleash its “infected” on Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights.

The Naughty Dog and PlayStation award-winning video game set in a post-apocalyptic America overrun by mutated fungus-infected humans will come to life as a haunted house beginning Sept. 1 at Universal Orlando Resort and Sept. 7 at Universal Studios Hollywood. The house, the first to be announced as part of the 2023 event, arrives amid the game’s 10th anniversary year.

“As a massive fan — and frequent attendee — of Halloween Horror Nights, we are honored to have The Last of Us included in this year’s lineup. It has been an incredible thrill for us at Naughty Dog to collaborate with Universal, bringing the world of the game to life, focusing on even the tiniest details that our fans know so well,” Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann said.

Guests on both coasts will have to survive a brutal journey of carnage and mayhem alongside fellow hardened survivors and the game’s protagonists, Joel and Ellie, while navigating the Pittsburgh Quarantine Zone. Inside, fans will glimpse iconic game locations including The Hotel Grand and a labyrinth of dark and dank tunnels, and come face-to-face with terrifying Clickers, Raiders, Runners and Stalkers, as well as the band of hostile humans known as The Hunters.​

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im a big theme park fan, especially Universal in Orlando. But Im not gonna be there so it means nothing to me lol. Would be cool otherwise.

Reactions: Doncortez77

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes... what is it? Can someone explain?
There are two big theme parks in USA, Universal Studios Orlando and Universall Studios Hollywood.

They have every year the 'Halloween Horror Nights' event during their Halloween campaign, where they have horror related activities.

This year both theme parks will have as one of these activities a The Last of Us themed haunted house.

Basically means that Universal pays SIE for making some licensed TLOU stuff, which also is free marketing.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Geez guys, announce a new game, please?

Yeah, yeah, I know this doesn't affect their development work at all (I think) but I am so tired of seeing Joel and Ellie constantly for the last ten years.

They did kinda announce a new game when they did their TwitterApology.jpg post for TLOU2 Factions 😉

But interesting both Sony & Nintendo are partnering with Universal for expansion into theme park territory. Universal must be happy AF right now, it's giving them some genuine value in comparison to Disneyland and Disneyworld.

Reactions: Doncortez77

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Geez guys, announce a new game, please?

Yeah, yeah, I know this doesn't affect their development work at all (I think) but I am so tired of seeing Joel and Ellie constantly for the last ten years.
Pretty sure that the game devs aren't making the theme park shit, but you probably knew that already. At least I'd HOPE you did.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Naughty Dog you're my favorite developer pls stop torturing me :( First a mid HBO show that was forgotten by the masses weeks after finishing, then a wasting all your resources on a useless PC port that is still being worked on as recently as last week. And now another useless cross media collab (though I love halloween horror nights).

With factions being dead I would be shocked if naughty dog remains as Sony's most prized studio, Insomniac seems to have snatched that crown this gen

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
With factions being dead I would be shocked if naughty dog remains as Sony's most prized studio, Insomniac seems to have snatched that crown this gen
Sony Santa Monica kinda took that crown back with God of War (2018 and Ragnarok). Insomniac are Sony's Ace this generation though..

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog you're my favorite developer pls stop torturing me :( First a mid HBO show that was forgotten by the masses weeks after finishing,

Thats most tv. One of the second biggest shows this year was succession and peopl aren’t still talking about it.

Last of us will get a few emmy nominations