Neo Berlin 2087 - Unreal Engine 5 Gameplay & Announcement Trailer

D

Deleted member 223

See nothing wrong with the art direction. Now if you were expecting a certain type of game to look a certain way that's a different story. Obviously going for little contrast and muted/reflective carbon black everywhere. It's a choice.

Anything that pushes new rendering/graphics tech forward should be lauded just for that alone. That's how fucked up this gen has been on that front - pure stagnation.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Art direction always trumps whatever features an engine has.
Art direction is very subjective. There are games that ppl adore due to direction and I think look like trash.

BOTW for example does nothing for me artistically.

D

Deleted member 223

Art direction is very subjective. There are games that ppl adore due to direction and I think look like trash.

BOTW for example does nothing for me artistically.
A lot of the praise is from a technical pov. That is, making potato hardware have a game with an aesthetically pleasing, modern look just by the way the art is used.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A lot of the praise is from a technical pov. That is, making potato hardware have a game with an aesthetically pleasing, modern look just by the way the art is used.
I mean ppl praise BOTW fir alot of things I don't agree with even technical as I felt the world was very empty. Put it like this BOTW to me was a 6.5 at best but to others it was the holy grail of gaming :)