Netflix has closed its AAA gaming studio, just 2 years after opening, with big hires like Joseph Staten - via Stephen Totilo

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
where is chat gpt in the thread writing a bible sized text about how big tech is a threat to playstation and streaming is the future and sony is right to give up on exclusivity for their console?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Another studio taking Sony Santa Monica employees only to go down in flames. Those guys are cursed.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Were we really expecting good AAA games from the same company that greenlighted and released 2 rebel moon movies. Come on people lets be real this thing was going to flop from day 1. This was Netflix trying to jump on the COVID gaming bubble bandwagon but the dumbasses in corporate did not realize that games cant be produced in 1-2 yrs like TV shows and movies

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's not an easy industry to break into. Whenever these headlines drop I just hope the creatives find a new way.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
What did they even do for 2 years, then?

I'm sure the employees don't mind because Netflix probably paid them like other FAANG companies.
I would not be surprised that their 2 year salary was better equal to like 4~ years at their old job.

It was always going to end this way, Netflix cancels so many shows after 1 season. I don't think the corpos over there have the stomach for big 200M+ investments that doesn't materialize itself much later. Especially in a new field where they don't really have the same experience with it.