New head of Blizzard is previous general manager of Call of Duty... (Indicating less creativity in future.)

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
After years of battling Activision interference, Blizzard will now be run by a former Activision executive.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wouldn't mind a StarCraft Campaign based FPS. For RTS just build a studio in south Korea and let them handle it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
yeesh. kinda sad to think there will never be a good starcraft 3.

There is no talent left with RTS experience at Blizzard anymore.
Team 1 (Starcraft 2) kept getting shaved off after the final expansion and was split dev duties between Starcraft (commanders/balance) and Heroes of the Storm.
Then Starcraft 2 was put on life support and so was HotS.
HotS team was merged with the "Classic Games" team but that division was shut down after the Reforged debacle with developing duties of the last Classic Games(Diablo 2 Ressurected) handed to Vicarious Visions which then became Blizzard Albany.

So even the last remnants of Team 1 have been gone for a while now.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Team 1 (Starcraft 2) kept getting shaved off after the final expansion and was split dev duties between Starcraft (commanders/balance) and Heroes of the Storm.
HotS team was merged with the "Classic Games" team but that division was shut down after the Reforged debacle with developing duties of the last Classic Games(Diablo 2 Ressurected) handed to Vicarious Visions which then became Blizzard Albany.

All the devs with RTS experience already left years ago.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

yeah i just did some digging myself, and it looks like many of the important people left in 2019. i found out the director co-founded a new team Moonshot Games which hasn't announced a game yet. Seems worth keeping an eye on. Also the technical director is making table top games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah i just did some digging myself, and it looks like many of the important people left in 2019. i found out the director co-founded a new team Moonshot Games which hasn't announced a game yet. Seems worth keeping an eye on. Also the technical director is making table top games.
Keep an eye on frostgiant, they are coming out with Stormgate which looks to be a mix of starcraft and warcraft 3 and has a lot of former blizzard talent

• Shake
Reactions: Evilnemesis8

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

There's also Frost Giant Studios who are working on Stormgate : https://playstormgate.com/