New PS5 beta rolls out tomorrow with personalized 3D audio profiles and new Remote Play settings

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For these asking for the more updates.
  • Personalized 3D audio profiles for headphones and earbuds (available for all PS5 models)

• Enable Remote Play for individual users (available for all PS5 models)

• Adaptive charging for your controller (available for the latest PS5 model)

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some 2 cents here.

This new Beta introduces features only available in new PS5 models... while it is only a minor and won't impact players it is open a precedent that is not good for a ecosystem.

I hope more popular features doesn't follow the same path to create a feature set gate where only new models can do it.

• angry
Reactions: On Demand

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Personalized 3D audio profiles for headphones and earbuds (available for all PS5 models)

I'm remembering this 4 years ago when Cerny talked about it

sony-3d-audio.jpg

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
they're so lazy when it comes to these updates, like fr, 4 years in and half of the features the PS4 UI had are still missing, no themes, no folders in the main UI, no Spotify/Apple Music integration on the profile, no PS Stars integration on the Console, no Social experiences on the console, it's completely isolated compared to PS4, i don't even see what my friends are playing, the trophies they're unlocking, the screenshots they're sharing cause the Explore tab is simply useless when it comes to social features

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
they're so lazy when it comes to these updates, like fr, 4 years in and half of the features the PS4 UI had are still missing, no themes, no folders in the main UI, no Spotify/Apple Music integration on the profile, no PS Stars integration on the Console, no Social experiences on the console, it's completely isolated compared to PS4, i don't even see what my friends are playing, the trophies they're unlocking, the screenshots they're sharing cause the Explore tab is simply useless when it comes to social features
they couldn't even make R2 to bring us direct to Library, instead of going through 10 icons to library.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Some 2 cents here.

This new Beta introduces features only available in new PS5 models... while it is only a minor and won't impact players it is open a precedent that is not good for a ecosystem.

I hope more popular features doesn't follow the same path to create a feature set gate where only new models can do it.
Only new models? How? Lol the PS5 Slim isn't really that different from the PS5 besides been slimmer, the detachable Blu-Ray disc drive, another USB-C port and more storage (From 825 GB's to 1 TB)... So this is weird if true. But I am getting the PS5 Pro once it's out so I guess I won't be missing out for too long... So as long as it's not something important... Then whatever tbh 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Only new models? How? Lol the PS5 Slim isn't really that different from the PS5 besides been slimmer, the detachable Blu-Ray disc drive, another USB-C port and more storage (From 825 GB's to 1 TB)... So this is weird if true. But I am getting the PS5 Pro once it's out so I guess I won't be missing out for too long... So as long as it's not something important... Then whatever tbh 🤷‍♂️
Well the most sense is that the USB chipset in the new model is different from the old model so it allow you to have smart charging.

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Well the most sense is that the USB chipset in the new model is different from the old model so it allow you to have smart charging.
Oh that! I didn't think that they updated it... Well then if there isn't an adapter so will I wait until the PS5 Pro is out and until that headphone that supports it is in a different color... Which for me is the Midnight Black color as I do prefer everything I've to be in that color like the controller, face plate, headphone etc. So I can wait anyway 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Oh that! I didn't think that they updated it... Well then if there isn't an adapter so will I wait until the PS5 Pro is out and until that headphone that supports it is in a different color... Which for me is the Midnight Black color as I do prefer everything I've to be in that color like the controller, face plate, headphone etc. So I can wait anyway 🤷‍♂️
Just to be sure here....

All modes can charge controller and peripherals via USB just fine and all models have the option to turn off USB after some time after going rest (I think some options are Never, 3 hours, 1 hour, etc).

The new option that only works in new PS5 models is that when the USB is not being used (inactive) in rest it will auto turn off.
So you put your controller to charge with PS5 in rest and instead to keep the USB powered on all the time (Never option... keeping active even after your controller is full charged) or for a period of time (1 hour for example... maybe only part of the controller's baterry was charged) the USB chipset will understand it is not being used and turn off automatically after the controller is fully charged.

It is a minor power saving feature but actually exclusive to the new PS5 model.

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Just to be sure here....

All modes can charge controller and peripherals via USB just fine and all models have the option to turn off USB after some time after going rest (I think some options are Never, 3 hours, 1 hour, etc).

The new option that only works in new PS5 models is that when the USB is not being used (inactive) in rest it will auto turn off.
So you put your controller to charge with PS5 in rest and instead to keep the USB powered on all the time (Never option... keeping active even after your controller is full charged) or for a period of time (1 hour for example... maybe only part of the controller's baterry was charged) the USB chipset will understand it is not being used and turn off automatically after the controller is fully charged.

It is a minor power saving feature but actually exclusive to the new PS5 model.
That's actually a very cool thing... Well that just made my future PS5 Pro purchase even more worth it! 👀

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I got some beta keys on reddit... each one has limited uses so I don't know if it is already used all.
I used one and it worked.

GTL9-N4MJ-XLDC
G6LT-J4M9-C3C8
DMCP-D6HM-PL
AG28-7NTM-JDN6
9MR7-EP34-LD5G
NDJE-DB8A-72AM
H84Q-NFJM-M599

US BTW.

• Shake
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
22 Jan 2023
The process of personalizing the 3-D audio settings is quite lengthy, and I have no idea what I was doing. I hope I got it right.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Regarding Remote Play something they could to would be to add an option to enable local, offline, direct connection from the PS5 to the PS Player/PC/smartphone/tablet.

Not using the LAN/router/internet other than maybe for an initial security check or periodical from time to time, but doing the streaming itself directly from the console to the remote device without anything in the middle.