New Super Mario RPG Announced - Coming November 17, 2023 | Nintendo Direct

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Pretty great looking remake. Faithful to OG. Nice!

A must play if you haven’t. Still the best Mario RPG IMO but I haven’t played any since 1,000 year door and superstar saga which to my understanding are still the favorites along with the original.

Reactions: Box

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Incredibly fond memories of the original here but willing to bet the 2.5D didn't age well.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
Love how faithful they are to the og artstyle. The game never came to Europe, so I'll make sure to grab it this time!

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This one was pretty good back in the day. I believe it was made by Square too. And if I also remember correctly, the music is by the same woman who did the Legend of Mana soundtrack, along with some other great games.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
As someone who has never played this, what makes it a good rpg?
I would like to know as well, the idea of a Mario RPG always sounded too stupid for me to give it a chance but at the same time I always hear people saying it's good.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Watching the trailer now with my full attentuon and they ruined the music with shitty remixes. I'm beyond pissed. It was already perfect.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Watching the trailer now with my full attentuon and they ruined the music with shitty remixes. I'm beyond pissed. It was already perfect.
Same thing happened with the Secret of Mana 3D remake.

But the FF pixel remasters allow you to play the original tracks if you want. Might have an option like that on this one ...

• sad
Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Same thing happened with the Secret of Mana 3D remake.

But the FF pixel remasters allow you to play the original tracks if you want. Might have an option like that on this one ...
They did it with Link's Awakening too. Its like they don't get why the songs were catchy in the first place.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They did it with Link's Awakening too. Its like they don't get why the songs were catchy in the first place.
Oh man ...

I love that you said this. I've had that same thought about a bunch of music remixes, re-recordings, whatever you want to call it. Even when it's done by the original artist. Literally "they don't seem to understand what made this track good." It's so frustrating when it happens.

Glad I am not the only one.

Reactions: Zzero