New ways to travel, better city map and other Quality of Life Features are coming to Starfield in 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
starfield-update-1-8-88-notes-december-11-2023-v0-YBzWWhkrT-3A78WTYFuPzpBxecnGME5K2PHp_eGRjgU.jpg

Hey everyone, first, we read all the feedback here and greatly appreciate it and all the time and thought you put into the game. This small update was to mostly address the “pet-asteroid" so many asked about following our last larger update, and we wanted to get that out before the holiday.
We’ve been hard at work on many of the issues you’ve posted, and expect an update early next year that will include a large number of “in-progress” quest fixes as well as FSR3 and XeSS. Though we fixed several quest issues from occurring, in-progress quest fixes are much harder to fix and we’ve built a new system to correct those without you having to roll back your save.

We’re also hard at work on many of new features you asked for, from city maps, to mod support, to all new ways of traveling (stay tuned!). These will be rolling out with a regular cadence of fixes and updates we expect to have roughly every six weeks. If something can be done in a smaller hotfix in between (like the asteroid), and we feel it’s safe, we’ll get one of those out as well. Safe is the key here. We do take a lot of time to test even the smallest change in a game this large and dynamic.

Hope this information helps. If there are items you want more info on, or issues to make us aware of, keep posting here or our official Discord. Thanks again for all your support of us and the game.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's nice and all but it's too little too late. I finished the game and have no desire to touch it ever again. In fact it was a waste of time.

I really don't understand this kind of game release. It punishes people who played it at release. Get your game done and THEN release it.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
That's nice and all but it's too little too late. I finished the game and have no desire to touch it ever again. In fact it was a waste of time.

I really don't understand this kind of game release. It punishes people who played it at release. Get your game done and THEN release it.
why finish a game you dont like? I never understood the people that force themselves to play games they dislike. Do you guys not value your time?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
why finish a game you dont like? I never understood the people that force themselves to play games they dislike. Do you guys not value your time?
I actually was going to quit and realized the game was pretty short and I was close to the end. I also kept reading that finishing the game opened up something new that “totally changes the game” and I wanted to see it for myself.

Turned out that was totally overblown too.

So I would have quit. I’ve quit plenty of games. But I felt like toughing it out for the above reasons.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sometimes game changes on you.

Sometimes you have to finish what you started.
It can be various reasons.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

They need to sell you Gamepass. If they drip feed, they will hook people to that shitty service.

26 Nov 2023

I see Dr Bass replied but yeah, people HYPED up that ending and NG+. Like it was Nier Automata levels of interesting. It was the reason I attempted to get to the end, but the game was so ass I quit. So I understand why someone would want to finish it to see what the hype was about, that and it's short apparently.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Next week, on January 17, we’ll be putting our biggest Starfield update yet into Steam Beta with over 100 fixes and improvements, with a planned release date for all players two weeks later. Here’s some of what you can expect!

This update contains a multitude of fixes to Quests. Eye of the Storm issues such as being unable to dock with the Legacy or data transfer not starting, and Temples not showing up in 'Into the Unknown', will no longer prevent Constellation from exploring the cosmos.

Additionally, this update brings stability improvements and numerous graphic improvements ranging from additional widescreen support to improved textures, lighting, and shadows. See the character creation before and after shots attached below.

Other fixes and improvements include sun disk geometry, planet ring shadows, bulldozed objects reappearing when returning to an Outpost, ship hatches marked inaccessible, and another fix for asteroids following ships. The full update notes will be posted next week when the Steam Beta is released!

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Honestly good luck to them. I hope they restructure the early game after you meet Constellation. Unless I just missed things, there isn't much to do other than an extremely boring kill-the-space-pirates quest at the start of the game. It sets a bad expectation that lots more bullshit lies ahead.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Phil whipping Todd and telling him to fix this game faster then CDPR fixed Cyberpunk.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Waiting on the later updates that allows me to customize the MASS limit, Vendor credits and other stuff. City maps and vehicles will just be even better but I want the other stuff I mentioned first.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't know dude. Phil been whipping Rare and Obsidian with Grounded and Sea of thieves to be fixed cause those also were lacking on release.
Phil doesn’t know how to manage wiping himself, let alone guiding studios. Any improvements made by those teams were on their own, MS doesn’t give a fuck what kind of slop they shit onto welfare pass.