Nihon Falcom wants to "eventually" re-release Trails in the Sky for modern platforms

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1702732218908.png

While yesterday Nihon Falcom announced the latest The Legend of Heroes title for Japan, during their investor Q&A it was revealed that the company plans to re-release The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for modern platforms - though they don't quite know what form such a re-release might take.

Thanks to Twitter user @michsuzu, who was present at Falcom's investor meeting and reported the Q&A session, we know that Falcom's President Toshihiro Kondo responded to a question about the lack of availability for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on modern console platforms. It's worth noting that every other Trails title is available for PlayStation 4 or 5 in Japan, and with the exception of the most recent arc the same is true for Nintendo Switch.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Are they still trying to figure out how to make far away map work without having to reload states same game? The shiny new Ys X have the same problem as other titles so I don't know what is their pipeline is?

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
View attachment 3346

While yesterday Nihon Falcom announced the latest The Legend of Heroes title for Japan, during their investor Q&A it was revealed that the company plans to re-release The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for modern platforms - though they don't quite know what form such a re-release might take.

Thanks to Twitter user @michsuzu, who was present at Falcom's investor meeting and reported the Q&A session, we know that Falcom's President Toshihiro Kondo responded to a question about the lack of availability for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on modern console platforms. It's worth noting that every other Trails title is available for PlayStation 4 or 5 in Japan, and with the exception of the most recent arc the same is true for Nintendo Switch.
they need to make a better game engine, shit's old af

Reactions: Gamernyc78
26 Nov 2023
Maaaaaan, I want TiTS on my PS5 so badly 😭 I am shocked they released Azure and Zero but not TiTS given how important it is to the crossbell saga. Hopefully they do it sooner rather than later

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Maaaaaan, I want TiTS on my PS5 so badly 😭 I am shocked they released Azure and Zero but not TiTS given how important it is to the crossbell saga. Hopefully they do it sooner rather than later
Yeah some of these games are good, quality fun.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Rather then Re-release they should just outright remake it for the Playstation, and Switch. Trails to Azure was a prime example of what they shouldn't do for the consoles. I mean hey I have all those games on Steam but it's one of the few franchises I feel deserves a modern day treatment.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I liked the games when I played them but tbh they feel incredibly dated

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I liked the games when I played them but tbh they feel incredibly dated
Nordics is great time waster, I am not complaining. Also its physical is on sale for half price already for both PS5 and Switch, at least in my country.

But I can see young people get frustrated since they have a attention span of goldfish.