Nintendo [OT] - News, hype and rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

What is sales success to you for a modern game?

Can the same standard be applied across the board?

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
it's not really up to me to decide what is a sales success and what is not, I'll leave it to the publishers.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Either way I love the Luigi Mansion series. Love the gameplay.

I hope they remake/remaster 1 and 2 for Switch/Switch 2 etc

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If I owned a videogame publisher, success for me would be ROI (return on investment), meaning that a game made for 20 million who go on to generate 60 million has better return on investment than a game made for 100 million who then goes on to generate 120 million sales.

Big games don't necessarily have great ROI, that's why I think publishers and platform holders should look at all types of games (big, medium, small).

Also, games that have an infinite replayability have a potential to have huge ROI (GaaS type games, multiplayer driven games, etc.)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Looks pretty good for a Musou game. Sitting at 80 on metacritic

I love Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem 3 Houses was my game of the year along with Sekiro and Death Stranding. So I‘m actually gonna pick this up after I finish Triangle Strategy.
Nintendo has done a good job of branching out into Musou games

Last edited:

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Me after seeing Musou.
IgMyx.gif

People said persona strikers turned out good though, I'll bite eventually.

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will be the first open-world RPG Pokemon games and is an exciting development in the series.
It feels like there is a great deal of anticipation around this particular release and apparently the entire game can be played in coop mode!

Second trailer;

Trailer breakdown;

Are you excited for the new games in the series?

Are you a new fan or possibly a lapsed Pokemon player?

Share your feelings below!

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The last pokemon game I played was Shining Pearl. I just can't get into the modern 3D aesthetics, and would love they bring back the magic camera perspective of old.

• brain

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
2x1_NSwitch_XenobladeChronicles3_image1600w.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo.
Set after the events of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 takes place in the world of Aionios, where the mechanically proficient nation of Keves and the ether-oriented nation of Agnus are at constant war with one another. The wars are fought by engineered soldiers with limited lifespans of ten years, all ten of which are spent on fighting. The game will feature two protagonists and 4 other main characters: Noah, an off-seer from Keves accompanied by his childhood friends Lanz and Eunie; and Mio, an off-seer from Agnus accompanied by comrades Taion and Sena.

The game is scheduled for release on July 29, 2022 for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Bayonetta_3_Logo.jpg
Bayonetta 3 is an action hack and slash video game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Nintendo. It is the sequel to 2014's Bayonetta 2.
"Mysterious life forms appearing to be neither angel nor demon attack amid the ravaged streets of the Shibuya area of Tokyo, where Bayonetta then makes a graceful appearance. Why is she in Tokyo? And how far-reaching is the invasion of this new enemy?"

The game was confirmed to be released in 2022.

• fire

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ill be buying this day 1 or maybe day 2 lol. Cant believe its been 8 years since the last game.

Social landscape has changed alot since then, I wonder what will be changed to cater to the cancel mob?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I totally forgot its coming out this year.

People can’t complain about this year not being stacked. Nintendo and Playstation are giving me alot. Especially if God of War R comes out this year

Reactions: Obi-Wan

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think this series has passed me, heard the first 2 games are really long so don’t think I wanna get into it. Someone’s got to convince, I might get the first on sale and see

Its also got some of the worst voice acting Ive heard in a long time lol

Reactions: Cragarmi

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Playstation for sure stacked our hands for 2022, the same as Nintendo. just Xbox like Bush - always on holidays :D

Last edited:

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Is this more like final fantasy as in each game is a separate entity? Or do I need to play them in order to 'get' them? Equally have never played the series.

• thinking_hard

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Can anybody give me feedback on this? I've been thinking about getting it when it comes out but I've never played Splatoon.

Reactions: Obi-Wan
Status
Not open for further replies.