Nintendo Switch Online adds Kirby’s Star Stacker, Quest for Camelot, Downtown Nekketsu March, and Joy Mech Fight

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Nintendo has added four more games to the Switch Online library today. These games are available on the NES, SNES and Game Boy Color libraries.

For NES the titles include Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! and Joy Mech Fight. On SNES we've got Kirby's Star Stacker and joining the Game Boy Color library is Quest for Camelot.

"Nintendo Switch Online members can now play four more classic games, three of which were originally released in Japan only and never translated to English. Check out the newly added titles and discover the Japanese versions of a few old-school games!"

Reactions: Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Nintendo has added four more games to the Switch Online library today. These games are available on the NES, SNES and Game Boy Color libraries.

For NES the titles include Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! and Joy Mech Fight. On SNES we've got Kirby's Star Stacker and joining the Game Boy Color library is Quest for Camelot.

Tough defense time, lol.

I can imagine what a lot of people think when they see a drop like this. But I’ve actually come to like some of the more random appearances of stuff like this on the service. Like that Link’s Awakening style game actually looks kind of legit.

No doubt that I would rather be seeing Chrono Trigger drop than this, but I do like the mix of first party classics and eclectic, largely unknown, out-of-nowhere returns for some good stuff.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Tough defense time, lol.

I can imagine what a lot of people think when they see a drop like this. But I’ve actually come to like some of the more random appearances of stuff like this on the service. Like that Link’s Awakening style game actually looks kind of legit.

No doubt that I would rather be seeing Chrono Trigger drop than this, but I do like the mix of first party classics and eclectic, largely unknown, out-of-nowhere returns for some good stuff.
My main issue with the emulated retro stuff in Switch is that there’s so fucking little of it.

There’s no reason for it to be drip-fed at a rate of 4 games per platform per year, especially when they’re only accessible with a subscription.

Reactions: Arc