Nintendo to shut down online functionality for Wii U and 3DS games in April 2024.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Nintendo's best days are officially behind them. I'm hoping the community will come together to create new servers, similar to what was done with the Wii once its servers were shut down.
What? Lol Nintendo is making more money than ever. Switch might be their most successful console ever, they have multiple theme parks, the Mario movie made over 1B, and they’re building a museum in Japan.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Snes nes and Box

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wii U carried the early days of the switch extremely hard. Amazing first party output. And quite the beast of a console. You could play Wii and GC natively right? As well as virtual console games?
Too bad Nintendo went with the tablet gimmick. Should have scrapped that and made a more powerful machine, like a PS3 pro in power.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
sad to see this but i never used it even on the wiiu. Local play is better IMO. Wish Nintendo started Asking money for their online too it was hardly decent.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
What? Lol Nintendo is making more money than ever. Switch might be their most successful console ever, they have multiple theme parks, the Mario movie made over 1B, and they’re building a museum in Japan.
Nintendo's best days, in this context, has nothing to do with money. I couldn't care less about how much money a company is making 🤷🏼 I care about the fun experiences and games they create. Nintendo is making more money than ever, but they're also milking the ever living fuck out of their customers, so that tracks. Gone are the days when they'd release stuff people want like virtual console and even free games like Badge Arcade on the 3DS. But hey, let's pay $20-50 per year for the opportunity to play online, have cloud saves, and rent retro games, ala WelfarePass on Xbox! Hell yeah, I love all this money Nintendo's raking in! Really helps me as a consumer. I truly don't understand the obsession some people have with profits around here.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Snes nes